Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Season rumblings thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

NFL 2011 NFL Season rumblings thread

the draft is in, what, 2 weeks now? this is the least ive paid attention to the draft since... 00-01 maybe? so... mock drafts, talent evaluations, what you got?

ill start this off... what happened between the combine and now, that made cam newton the number 1 pick? i thought he was gonna be a developmental, tebow type late in the first that a team takes a risk on... now hes the number 1 pick? granted, i dont really care for many of the talents in this years draft as being big time players... love patrick peterson, like von miller, nick fairley, julio jones, marvin austin and a couple of the olineman... but newton does nothing for me as far as a quarterback goes. though i only really like mallett anyway as a qb.

aaaannnndddd.... GO !

MLB ERA

Re: NFL Draft...

Peterson is a beast; so is Von Miller.

I think the best QB will ultimately be Ryan Mallet.

Best player from the draft will ultimately be Mark Ingram.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Man oh man I can't wait for these guys to get drafted and not play!!! I'm so fucking pumped

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Man oh man I can't wait for these guys to get drafted and not play!!! I'm so fucking pumped
    you said it pal, the nfl should contract itself because of your sarcasm

if anyone out there actually thinks the lockout wont be settled in time to put together the season, fails to understand the concept of money.

though somewhat to your point [i guess]... holding the draft without holding free agency beforehand defies logic and intelligence.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    the draft is in, what, 2 weeks now? this is the least ive paid attention to the draft since... 00-01 maybe? so... mock drafts, talent evaluations, what you got?

ill start this off... what happened between the combine and now, that made cam newton the number 1 pick? i thought he was gonna be a developmental, tebow type late in the first that a team takes a risk on... now hes the number 1 pick? granted, i dont really care for many of the talents in this years draft as being big time players... love patrick peterson, like von miller, nick fairley, julio jones, marvin austin and a couple of the olineman... but newton does nothing for me as far as a quarterback goes. though i only really like mallett anyway as a qb.

aaaannnndddd.... GO !
    $Cam Newton has already received the Tri O award from me. Previous winner is JaWalrus Russell. What is the Tri-O award? It's my award to the guy who is the recipiant of the most ego stroking by ESPN and becomes Overhyped, Overrated, and Overpaid. He is going to use whatever team that drafts him just like Daddy used MSU and Auburn for $$$. And the NFL scouts are just eating him up like they did cRyan Leaf and JaWalrus.

The QB I like the most is that Dalton guy from TCU. He's a smart qb, doesn't have the strongest arm but in the right system could be a really good QB.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

you said it pal, the nfl should contract itself because of your sarcasm

if anyone out there actually thinks the lockout wont be settled in time to put together the season, fails to understand the concept of money.

though somewhat to your point [i guess]... holding the draft without holding free agency beforehand defies logic and intelligence.
    No, my point is that I COULDN'T care less about this draft because of the lock out. A lock out with no real end in sight so it takes away from the draft. I don't really follow the draft anyway. I'm a fan of actual compelling TV

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    No, my point is that I COULDN'T care less about this draft because of the lock out. A lock out with no real end in sight so it takes away from the draft. I don't really follow the draft anyway. I'm a fan of actual compelling TV
    ahh, well in that case, i value your contribution to this thread.

MLB ERA

If the lockout goes into the regular season I will not be spending another dime on the NFL. I know a lot of people that have cancelled their season tix already. The players and owners won't be meeting for a month and IMO there's no way there will be a full season. Fuckers were sitting on top raking in cash even in this economy.

Roger Goodell can suck it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"if anyone out there actually thinks the lockout wont be settled in time to put together the season, fails to understand the concept of money."

so am i the greatest human ever... or just really logically? id lean towards the latter, though i always tend to give myself the benefit of the doubt.

MLB ERA

"if anyone out there actually thinks the lockout wont be settled in time to put together the season, fails to understand the concept of money."

so am i the greatest human ever... or just really logically? id lean towards the latter, though i always tend to give myself the benefit of the doubt.
    So Nostrahammered when will the NBA get their deal done . That one is more difficult.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

I'd say you simply made a good educated guess and happened to be right.

There was money involved in 1994 as well and that didn't stop baseball from missing the WS and much of the 95 season.

There was money at stake when the NHL missed an entire season.

There's a lot of money at stake in the NBA lockout and many experts are predicting they will miss much or all of their season. (But that one still remains to be seen)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'd say you simply made a good educated guess and happened to be right.

There was money involved in 1994 as well and that didn't stop baseball from missing the WS and much of the 95 season.

There was money at stake when the NHL missed an entire season.

There's a lot of money at stake in the NBA lockout and many experts are predicting they will miss much or all of their season. (But that one still remains to be seen)
    1. way to blow up my spot, dick.

2. the nba is a completely different animal from the nfl, because most teams are actually losing money on the nba side. in the nfl, nobody was actually LOSING money... the players couldve potentially lost money, from what they were already getting, in the negotiations, but they wouldnt have become paupers. as far as i heard, and what could potentially still be... theyre gonna go from getting 53% of the profits, to around 50%. not much of a difference, but enough, true.

perfectly honest, with the nba... im scared. im scared for the teams, im scared for the owners and im scared for the league. this was by far the most interesting season we've had, since before the previous strike. and theyre throwing it all away. and unfortunately, the owners have clearly the better argument. theres no way a league will be able/should be able to thrive, when 22 of the 30 teams are losing money. thats what hinders the nba... la, boston, chicago and new york are the only teams people care about, and aside from that, the rest of the teams could go under as far as the average fan is concerned. and that is what helps the nfl... it doesnt matter whos the best, as long as they prove it on the field. the average fan WILL sit and root for seattle on the opening week of the playoffs. the average fan WILL root for the next upstart team... green bay under rodgers... because the nfl is absurdly profitable, and the game is fun to watch on a week to week basis. and the nba, has just not figured out how to convey that to its own fan base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It makes sense that there's more demand for a sport whose schedule is week to week rather than 82 games. Plus football is the only sport where white guys and black people agree on.

MLB ERA

Yeah but if that was true then MLB would be worse than the NBA since they play almost twice as much more games.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast