Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ***Official 2006 College Football Topic***

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Plus, Florida has a better record against the top 25 than Michigan.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Rutgers, I was at their game in Cincinnati and their quarterback SUCKS!!! I can't believe he is a D-1 quarterback.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Until you get NCAA off its ass and get a playoff system then no team should get a rematch unless there is no one else with a case. In this year there is someone with a strong case and that is Florida. Until the playoffs are involved then you can talk about a rematch. Because of the colleges to admit theyve ****ed up since the inception of the BcS the regular season must be looked at as sort of a mini-playoff.

Plus for all the crap about how great the game was I didnt think it was that great. You take away the 2 bad snaps (first time all year) in shotgun youre looking at Michigan trailing by 17 pts and looking at a potential drumming the likes of only ND could be handed and remain in the top 10.

If you give Michigan a rematch with OSU, why not give Louisville a rematch against Rutgers where they lost on a 2nd chance last second FG cause 1 player got a little too antsy, give Fla a rematch with Auburn and then if they win the Rematch shouldnt they be no doubters in the NC game? OSU already beat Michigan once, give the SEC CHAMPION else a chance.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's my proposed playoff solution:

First round:
    BCS 1: Bye
    BCS 2 vs. BCS 7
    BCS 3 vs. BCS 6
    BCS 4 vs. BCS 5

Second Round:
    BCS 1 vs. Winner BCS 3/BCS 6
    Winner of BCS 2/BCS 7 vs. Winner of BCS 4/BCS 5
    BCS 8 vs. At-Large opponent

National Championship:
    Winner of BCS 1 vs. BCS 3/BCS 4
    Winner of BCS 2/7 vs. BCS 4/BCS 5

You keep the BCS, but use it to determine the playoff seeds. The #1 team in the BCS gets a first round bye. Once the first round is complete, the next two rounds will be the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and the Sugar Bowl based on a rotating schedule.

The #8 team in the BCS would get a bowl game against an at-large opponent and the bowl would be one of the 4 BCS bowl games. It would be played during the second round of the playoffs. So, if it were used this year, the bowl assignments would play out as the following:

OSU vs. winner of BCS 3/BCS 6: Sugar Bowl
    Winner of BCS 2/7 vs. Winner of BCS 4/5: Rose Bowl
    BCS 8 vs. At-Large: Orange Bowl
    National Championship Game: Tostitos Nat. Championship Game and/or Fiesta Bowl

And, of course, the other bowls would still get played.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well, 1/3 of the equation has been revealed. Florida has leap-frogged Michigan and is 2nd in the coaches' poll.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Its official... Florida vs. OSU for the crown!
    rf28

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    ummm what? florida had the weaker schedule, not michigan.
    Mich's sched was cake, their SOS lookls tough b/c of playing #1 on the road but outside of OSU they played overrated ND and vastly overarted Wisconsin(who doesn't have a quality win all year and has feasted on the horrible Big 10) while UF won the toughest conf in the Country. They got it right but there should still be a playoff.

MLB ERA
    Welp lets see BcS games are out....

Sugar Bowl: LSU vs the 2nd biggest joke in the BcS Notre Dame:
    Prediction LSU by 20. Reason: Notre Dame hasnt even played the 2 "tough" teams on their schedule close. LSU wins going away.

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs the only joke worse than ND Boise State: Winner Oklahoma by 10. Games closer than the Sugar Bowl because of the unorthodox offense but Oklahoma steam rolls on offense.

Orange Bowl: Wake Forest vs Louisville. All Cash Conference is getting what they deserve and the Big East Champ gets a shot to put another nail in the coffin. I dont like coaches that run it up but Swofford and Co. Deserve to get embarrassed as bad as possible, I'm just sorry it has to be Wake if it happens (would rather it be Cryami or Va Tech). Prediction: Louisville by 20.

Rose Bowl: Michigan vs USC: Thank God the bowl didnt embarrass themselves by making a rematch here. Notre Dame doesnt deserve to be anywhere near the top 10. The game should be interesting as you saw a similar type offense in OSU make swiss cheese of Michigan. Games close but I think Michigan beats the Pac 10 champ. Prediction: Michigan by 6,

BcS Championship: Ohio St. vs Florida: SEC was extremely tough this year, so we know Florida is battle-tested for the game. Will the Heisman curse play a role in this like it has done in the past? I dont know. Prediction: Waiting til closer to the game.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The BCS completely failed this year. There's no other explanation for these matchups. I don't mind Florida/OSU and Michigan/USC, but the other ones are completely screwed up.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
    You wouldn't say that, if you watched the game.His natural abilities are outstanding. By the time he is done at UGA, he will be a #1 pick.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213