Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2006 College Football Topic***

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    I really wonder how USC will do this year with their depleted stars.
    For Lane Kiffin to criticise Jarrett in public won't help.

The BC game yesterday was intense. 24-23 in ot

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Backup punter stabs starter in the kicking leg

GREELEY, Colo. -- The University of Northern Colorado's reserve punter was arrested Tuesday, accused of stabbing his rival in his kicking leg.

Mitch Cozad, a sophomore from Wheatland, Wyo., allegedly attacked starting punter Rafael Mendoza in a parking lot in Evans on Monday night, Evans police Lt. Gary Kessler said.

Mendoza, the Bears' first-string punter from Thornton, was treated and released from the North Colorado Medical Center Monday night. Coach Scott Downing said Mendoza will not punt for UNC in Saturday's game at Texas State University.

"I don't know how long he'll be out because I haven't talked to the doctor," Downing said.

Cozad, Mendoza and freshman Zak Bigelow had been in a three-way race for the starting punter's job in preseason training. Mendoza has averaged 37.6 yards per punt on nine punts in the two games so far this season.

Cozad is facing second-degree assault charges and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a bond hearing. He was suspended from the team, evicted from his residence and expelled from school on Tuesday, The Greeley Tribune reported.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That story is absolutely crazy and proves that kickers, whether they are place kickers or punters, are one step above soccer players.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio181
    I really wonder how USC will do this year with their depleted stars.
    Pete Carroll will prove this year that he is, bar none, the best coach in D-1 college football right now. USC will be, at least, back in a BCS bowl this season and could make a run at the national title AGAIN!
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Backup punter stabs starter in the kicking leg

GREELEY, Colo. -- The University of Northern Colorado's reserve punter was arrested Tuesday, accused of stabbing his rival in his kicking leg.

Mitch Cozad, a sophomore from Wheatland, Wyo., allegedly attacked starting punter Rafael Mendoza in a parking lot in Evans on Monday night, Evans police Lt. Gary Kessler said.

Mendoza, the Bears' first-string punter from Thornton, was treated and released from the North Colorado Medical Center Monday night. Coach Scott Downing said Mendoza will not punt for UNC in Saturday's game at Texas State University.

"I don't know how long he'll be out because I haven't talked to the doctor," Downing said.

Cozad, Mendoza and freshman Zak Bigelow had been in a three-way race for the starting punter's job in preseason training. Mendoza has averaged 37.6 yards per punt on nine punts in the two games so far this season.

Cozad is facing second-degree assault charges and was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a bond hearing. He was suspended from the team, evicted from his residence and expelled from school on Tuesday, The Greeley Tribune reported.

Jerry Porter has nothing on this guy...
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I bet Sooners fans are really pissed at the refs right about now. But what a game.

MLB ERA
    LSU & Oklahoma got screwed on the same exact call.

bc with a double overtime win again against byu

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Stafford looks like a STUD.

Me thinks he has a bright future.
    You actually said that after he threw three interceptions? I didn't like how he looked in that game.

I did not see the game today, sadly, but it looked like Stafford managed the game very well, and didn't make many mistakes. Thats what he needs to learn first, how to manage a game. I actually planned to be at the game, but with Joe injured, I didn't bother about going down and missing classes.

MLB ERA
    You wouldn't say that, if you watched the game.

His natural abilities are outstanding. By the time he is done at UGA, he will be a #1 pick.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There were quite a few outstanding games yesterday...

Michigan shut up the Golden Domers
    USC continued its home dominance
    Tommy Bowden finally got over on his old man.

Good games indeed.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    You wouldn't say that, if you watched the game.

His natural abilities are outstanding. By the time he is done at UGA, he will be a #1 pick.
    Well, considering my cousin started at quarterback to start the season, yeah, I did watch the South Carolina game. Three interceptions did not impress me, nor did it impress any of the coaches in our family. I don't care what else he did. The runs were nice, but he threw under 50% completion in that game, and three picks. What more is needed to say? He showed some flashes, but the fact remains is that he is still a true freshman.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Nebraska lost to Southern Cal.

At least they didn't put up 50 points like some analyst were predicting.

Callahan's playcalling was horrid last night. He didn't want to take a risk on passing the ball. He played it way too conservatively.

At least I'm not hunting for his head like some Husker fans are doing right now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Carroll bought Callahan's soul.
    Also didn't help they couldn't do much to stop Jarrett.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast