You commented that you seem to repeat yourself every week about Brandon Inge's fielding. It seems to me that the reason you repeat yourself is because you refuse to see that which, for the rest of us, is painfully obvious. Brandon Inge is to third base what Jose Offerman was to shortstop -- a solid offensive threat who can't field. The Dodgers tried for six seasons to make Offerman a decent shortstop. It took his move to a new team for somebody to try him at a different position. And guess what? He quickly proved to be a good first baseman and a decent second baseman. Will it take a move to another team for somebody to try Brandon in a position he hasn't already proven to be unsuccessful at?
-- Gary C., Hartland, Mich.

I see your point that eventually you have to cut your losses. The difference, though, is that six years for Offerman is a lot different than one year for Inge. I don't believe that one full year at a position is enough to determine that he can't field. Even Eric Munson had more time than that.

The other day, somebody asked Jim Leyland about Inge and his fielding and Leyland said he could see the difference already. I'm not ready to say that before the real games begin, but I want to see at least another half-season before deciding whether or not Inge can play third.

And no matter how many times people ask, I'll always go back to this: Inge had more total chances last year than any third baseman in the Majors, and it wasn't even close. He had 530 in 160 games. David Wright was next-highest with 461 in 160 games. The more chances a player has, the more errors he's going to make. And Wright had more errors (24) than Inge (23). He has the range to be a very good third baseman.
Link

I never thought Inge was horrible at 3B, I knew he wasn't great last season. But every game I saw he really never screwed up. I still think Inge could make a great 3B, and with Leyland and Coaches helping him out, Inge can definitely achieve that.