Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Verlander

MLB ERA

Justin Verlander

I'm excited to see Verlander, who should crack the rotation this year. He's one of if not the best pitching prospect in the Majors.

Definitely right on. I'm sure Domb. will rush him to MLs. But I wish he would have some more time in the minor leagues.

As it looks the rotation will probably be:

Bonderman
    Robertson
    Maroth
    Kenny Rogers
    5th spot that could be filled be Ledezma, Roman Colon (Please no), Verlander

If it was up to me, I'd put Ledezma in that 5th spot. Maybe it's my soft spot, but I thought Ledezma wasn't too bad last season. I know I was screaming and hollering at the TV sometimes aimed at him, but I think the new pitching coach could turn Ledezma into a decent #5.

MLB ERA
    I like Ledezma, i think he may end up being a solid 2 or 3 starter. Signing Kenny Rogers was stupid in my mind, i think they should have put Ledezma at 4 and Verlander at 5.

Give us back Roman Colon, that guy's freaking huge.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Guy was only playing in AA last year, why would they just skip a level and toss him into the fire?

Because they're the Tigers?

MLB ERA
    They were pretty patient with their other stud prospect, Jeremy Bonder...

Nevermind, he'll probably be on the opening day roster.

MLB ERA
    The whole point is Justin Verlander is amazing, and I want to see him pitch now.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think it would be smart to have him start in AAA this season unless he has an amazing spring. Then give him a callup when an injury happens or wait for that inevitable September callup. Rushing him could stunt his growth as a ML pitcher and the Tigers already have a decent rotation without him. Take your time and develop this kid.

MLB ERA
    Thats true, but at the same time we've seen pitchers of certain caliber needing less time, like Chad Cordero. I know Cordero is a reliever but there have been tons of pitchers younger than him who've made it big (Doc Gooden?)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I think it would be smart to have him start in AAA this season unless he has an amazing spring. Then give him a callup when an injury happens or wait for that inevitable September callup. Rushing him could stunt his growth as a ML pitcher and the Tigers already have a decent rotation without him. Take your time and develop this kid.
    That's what I would love to see Domb do with Verlander. But Bonderman was rushed to the MLs, and I expect the same thing to be done for Verlander. But Just because I expect it, doesn't mean it'll happen. I hope it doesn't.

I do agree with you though that Tigers could do without him in the rotation, atleast until an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Give us back Roman Colon, that guy's freaking huge.
    lol. Give us back Farnsworth....yah that's right......

Anyways, Colon is a great RP, just didn't like him when he started. Seemed like he got tired pretty quickly.

Sure, you can have Farnsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    I like Ledezma, i think he may end up being a solid 2 or 3 starter. Signing Kenny Rogers was stupid in my mind, i think they should have put Ledezma at 4 and Verlander at 5.
    Why rush Verlander? Ledezma a 2 or 3? No way. As much as I like Ledezma, he's nothing better than a 4 or 5, and possibly a RP. He's way too inconsistent. Hopefully that's somethign the pitching coach will work on.

Kenny Rogers was a mistake? No. Our rotation is young. Kenny Rogers is the experience, and other SP we needed to get this offseason. Hopefully at his age he still has something left in that arm. It'll definitely be exciting to watch him pitch this season.

MLB ERA
    It would've been better to get Orel Hershiser to be your pitching coach, then sign Rogers. If Ledezma can put his stuff together I said he could be a 2 or 3. He probably won't. And its not rushing Verlander, it's allowing him to grow in the Majors. If they do he could end up like a Chad Cordero. One of the best and still one of the Youngest. Or he could be a Zack Grienke...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast