Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Verlander

We already have one young pitcher growing in the majors, we really don't need two. Plus, if Verlander isn't needed in the rotation, why rush him up to the ML level, when he could very well be doing well in AAA.

As for the pitching coach, I'm fine with Leylands choice. The guy seems pretty darn smart and experienced.

So you think that Joel Zumaya is the better pitcher than Verlander? I think Zumaya has more potential and upside, but Verlander is more polished, and will have a consistant major league career. I view Zumaya as a potential ace, but I think Verlander will be a solid #2-#3 starter for the Tigers. There is a bright future among the Tigers starters, especially next year and down the road. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do this year.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    whatever happened to Kyle Sleeth? He was BA top 100 last year and now I don't hear anything about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    whatever happened to Kyle Sleeth? He was BA top 100 last year and now I don't hear anything about him.
    I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm not expert on minor leagues. Really don't care about it unless it's a top prospect or that spect has played some time in the ML.

But for some reason, I remember hearing Sleeth got injured.

He had Tommy John surgery early last season.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz
    So you think that Joel Zumaya is the better pitcher than Verlander? I think Zumaya has more potential and upside, but Verlander is more polished, and will have a consistant major league career. I view Zumaya as a potential ace, but I think Verlander will be a solid #2-#3 starter for the Tigers. There is a bright future among the Tigers starters, especially next year and down the road. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do this year.
    Definitely. From what I heard, Zumaya is decent.

I'm pretty darn excited about the possibilities and talent of the Tigers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12