CHICAGO -- Tigers manager Jim Leyland confirmed three candidates Wednesday for the club's vacancy at pitching coach:

•Jeff Jones, the pitching coach for the Tigers' top farm club, Triple-A Toledo;

•Bryan Price, who resigned last week after six seasons as Seattle's pitching coach;

•Mark Riggins, the St. Louis Cardinals' minor-league pitching coordinator. Leyland worked for the team the last several seasons.

Jones has drawn raves from Tigers players and officials for his work with pitchers at Toledo. He has had three stints on the Tigers' big-league coaching staff as bullpen coach.

Price served under three managers in Seattle, a testimony to the quality of his work.

"I have no problems here," he said when he resigned last week. "It's time for me to seek new challenges."

Leyland said he would have more candidates for pitching coach. "We are still putting together our list," he said via telephone.

Leyland began a thorough search for a pitching coach this week after Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild turned down the job.
Link

Maybe Porter or Element can shed some light on Price. As for Jones he'd be a favorite by the players, but could he handle the job in ML? Who knows. I'm not familiar with him. Riggins is probably a friend of Leyland and possibly could get the job.