Thread: Tigers team next year

Tigers team next year

I'm just going to type out what I think they should do with the list of players they listed:

Jeremy Bonderman-Put him in the rotation

Mike Maroth-I like him, I think he could improve some, but nonetheless he's a good #2 or #3 in the rotation.

Nate Robertson-Even though the losing season, I still like him and I think he could be a servicable pitcher.

Roman Colon-Put him in the bullpen, I just wouldn't like to see him in the rotation. He was good in the games I saw him last season, and he's a possible SP in the future. Keyword future.

Sean Douglass- He's a better fit in the bullpen, not exactly rotation material.

Justin Verlander-He's got all the potential in the world, but he doesn't need to be rushed. Stick him down in AAA and see how he does, and if he proves to be good put him in the rotation for a game and then put him in the minors. He's not ready for a full time spot in the rotation.

Joel Zumaya- Way too young at 20 to be considered a full time SP in the rotation. He's got potential, but leave him at AAA and see how he does. Maybe call him up late in the season to give him some experience at the ML level, but he should spend most of the season at AAA.

Franklyn German- This kid has a boatload of potential and he'll be a good bullpen guy.

Troy Percival-Retiring? Hmmm...Interesting. If he doesn't retire, hopefully he can stay healthy and try to give us some good innings out of what's left in his arm.

Fernando Rodney- Good bullpen guy, but don't think he'll make a good closer.

Jamie Walker- Getting up there in age, but he's always a decent servicable guy in the bullpen.

Ivan Rodriguez- Keep and hope he improves his attitude and becomes a leader once again.

Chris Shelton- If you guys have read any of my posts this season on the Tigers, you'll find that Shelton is one of my favorites. This kid has so much potential and is a long term fix at 1B.

Placido Polanco- This guy fit well in Detroit and can play at a lot of positions. He's a pretty decent hitter.

Carlos Guillen- Hopefully Guillen can stay healthy so we don't have to see too much of Infante. As I watched the more Infante played the worse he got.

Brandon Inge- This kid showed potential of be a great hitter. Some games you would think he's as good as Pujols. He just needs the consistency.

Dmitri Young- Can't picture the team without this guy. If he can still hit, stick him at DH and hope for the best.

Craig Monroe- This guy really proved to me that he deserves full time play in the OF. A keeper for sure.

Curtis Granderson- From what I've seen of him, I'm not too big of a fan. He needs to improve his hitting if he wants full time play. Rather see Thames here at CF than Granderson.

Magglio Ordonez- Could be a great star for the Tigers if keeps healthy, which hopefully he can.

Omar Infante- Starts becoming to inconsistent when he plays too long.

Carlos Pena- Too inconsistent, but shows signs of stardom when at his best. Depends on the money also since he'll be going to arbitration.

Vance Wilson- Not too bad when replaced Pudge.

Nook Logan- Good fielding and fast. What's not too like as a backup OF.

Now some Tger's Free Agents to look at:

Jason Johnson- Don't keep unless he can be brought back for cheap

Fernando Vina- Too injury proned, but liked him when he was healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing him back for cheap.

Bobby Higginson- Get rid of this cancer. One big mistake from the Randy Smith tenure. Finally we get rid of Higginson.

Rondell White- Keep. Keep. Keep. Hopefully we can't get him back for cheaper than the 3.25 million he earned last year.

Link

AA ERA
    I really want to see how Verlander and Inge do next year.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Verlander is only going to improve with more experience. From what I've seen he has the makings of being equal or even better than Bonderman.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Dmitri Young- Can't picture the team without this guy. If he can still hit, stick him at DH and hope for the best.
    You might want to picture the team without this guy. There are better DH's that can do better than him and for less than eight million a year.

Sean Douglass was claimed off waivers today by the Indians.

Only way I picture Young leaving is if he gets traded. I highly doubt anybody wants him. Truth is he'll be staying. I don't picture Dombrowski releasing him. He's a great guy in the locker room and a great guy to have in Detroit. I'm sure there are better DHs. But I'll take what I can get out of him.

Thanks for letting me know about Douglass. Didn't hear about him getting released.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Young has a team option so he might not be here next year.

That option also had a clause of 550 plate appearances. Here's a quote from KFFL.

Tigers | Young's Option Kicks In
    Fri, 9 Sep 2005 01:08:49 -0700

The Detroit News' Tom Gage reports Detroit Tigers DH Dmitri Young's $8 million contract option for 2006 has been guaranteed by the fact he's gone past 500 plate appearances this year.
    Looks like he'll be staying for the 06 season. Unless he's traded, because I don't see him getting released.

MLB ERA
    You all could trade Bonderman to the Reds for WMP or Griffey and Milton, WMP can hit the ball out of any park and your park should be big enough that not even Milton could give up a ton of HRs .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Pass. Bonderman has way too much potential just to trade him away. I'd call for Dombrowski's firing if he traded away Bonderman just for Pena and especially Milton. No need for a big contract pitcher when we could have young Bonderman with loads of potential to be an ace. Pass the pipe Slyder, I want what you're smoking.