Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Tigers Random Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Verlander has stuggled lately.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I want to see a win tonight for these Tigers. Carpenter will be hard to beat as he will attempt to outlive his last performance. Both teams have hit well against the opposing pitchers and it is going to have to be an all out brawl tonight.

Going against the Cards tonight may be a mistake with Carpenter on the mouns and the game being played on their turf. But I did it anyway in order to hope for the incredible to happen.

Go Tigers!

MLB ERA
    Alexis Gomez went 2-for-3 with his first homer of the Dominican Winter League season and two walks on Sunday.
    Gomez, who will likely retain his spot on Detroit's bench next season, is batting .357 with 10 walks in 42 at-bats.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Tigers agreed to terms with infielder Omar Infante on a one-year, $1.3 million contract.
    With the Tigers seemingly preferring Neifi Perez and Ramon Santiago as infield backups, Infante needs a trade and may get one this spring. There are teams with worse regulars at second base and shortstop.

Tigers agreed to terms with LHP Nate Robertson on a one-year, $3.26 million contract.
    Robertson was eligible for arbitration for the first time after going 13-13 with a 3.84 ERA for the Tigers last season. He'll enter the year as the team's third or fourth starter.

Tigers agreed to terms with outfielder Craig Monroe on a one-year, $4.775 million contract.
    Monroe, who turns 30 next month, gets a $1.995 million raise after hitting .255/.301/.482 in 541 at-bats last season. He'll be a free agent after 2008.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Now that they have Sheffield, I wonder if Monroe will be splitting DH duties with Thames...that's a very crowded OF there. Sheffield, Ordonez, and Granderson, with Monroe, Thames, Alexis Gomez, and Brett Clevlen hanging around as well.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    It sure does sound like a crowded outfield. Man, where have I heard that before? Hmmmmmmm, oh yeah, the Brewers! hahahahaha!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I just read on MLB rumors that the Tigers are one of 3 or 4 teams possibly intersted in signing Juan Gonzalez. Please, these athletes need to realize when it is time to sty away from the game.

Rookie ERA
    Nah, not happening.

Dombrowski has said that we'll pass on Juan "hope he stays" Gone.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Good... the Tigers don't need him anyways!!!!

MLB ERA
    The Tigers need to get this deal done:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...70/1048/SPORTS

Guillen is one of the best players in MLB that doesn't get a lot of recognition.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I have always enjoyed watching him play the game. He is a gamer, that is for sure!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ooops, forgot to type this part, duh!!!! Dare I make this comparsion? He is almost Cal Ripken-like. He is flashy or fancy, just steady and reliable, he has his frame of mind focused on the game.

MLB ERA
    Notes from the 5th of March.
    Roman Colon was reportedly told Sunday that his recovery from offseason neck surgery is going so well that he could be ready to pitch in May.
    The injury was potentially career-threating. Colon is out of options, but could open the season on the disabled list and work his way back to the majors through a minor league rehab assignment.

Joel Zumaya said Sunday that he's focusing on inducing more ground ball this season and will stop trying to "strike out the whole world."
    Fixing what isn't broken doesn't make much sense, but a 95-MPH sinker should rack up plenty of strikeouts anyway. "There aren't going to be too many 101s and 102s out there this year," Zumaya said. "I'm going to go out there and pitch this year. I hope I get those ground balls."

Brent Clevlen left Monday's game in the sixth inning after getting hit in the helmet by a pitch.
    It was an offspeed pitch and Clevlen was able to turn his head so that it got him in the back of the helmet. He was a little shaken up, but he'll probably be fine.

Placido Polanco reached base all four times he was up and had a two-run double Monday against the Yankees.
    Even though he's yet to get a chance to face the A's, Polanco, last year's ALCS MVP, is off to a 7-for-11 start.

Justin Verlander surrendered three runs in two innings Monday in a no-decision versus the Yankees.
    Verlander had some trouble in his second inning of work, but his stuff was fine today, as he was throwing 94-96 mph and using his sharp curveball to good effect. He still hasn't walked a batter in his three innings this spring.

MLB ERA
    Manager Jim Leyland said Monday that it's highly unlikely that Andrew Miller will make the Tigers out of spring training, but will not rule it out completely.
    "I didn't say he won't be on the club," Leyland said. "I said most likely he won't be. I'm not worried about breaking anybody's heart. I'm just saying it's not 100 percent that he won't. Is it most likely? Yes, but is it 100 percent? No."

Chris Shelton went 2-for-3 with a double off Roy Halladay and two runs scored Tuesday in his spring debut.
    Shelton had been sidelined with an abdominal strain. He probably can't afford anymore missteps if he's going to have a spot on Detroit's bench.

Jeremy Bonderman gave up only a solo homer to Craig Wilson in his three innings Wednesday against the Braves.
    He struck out two in a game that was called after 11 innings with the score tied. Bonderman has allowed two runs and three hits in five innings this spring.

MLB ERA
    Chris Shelton went 2-for-5 and hit a two-run homer off the Reds' Aaron Harang on Thursday.
    Shelton is quickly making up for lost time after missing the first few days with an abdominal strain. He's 5-for-9.

Nate Robertson fanned five in 2 2/3 scoreless innings Thursday in a win over the Reds.
    Robertson has thrown 4 2/3 innings of shutout ball this spring. His ERA is due to rise a bit this year, but given his history of pitching well before the All-Star break, he's OK to draft. Perhaps he can then be traded at a profit in July.

Marcus Thames reportedly had his knee examined by doctors earlier this week, but no structural damage was found.
    Manager Jim Leyland said Thames experienced a "pinch" in the knee, which has sidelined him since Saturday.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast