Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigers Random Rumblings

MLB ERA
    Justin Verlander with another good game, 8 shutout innings in a win against the Twins.

He's going to push Papelbon hard for ROTY

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Not a single strikeout for Justin Zoolander though? WTF is that all about?

MLB ERA
    Eh, blame it on rookie transition. Not getting enough movement on his pitches, or not knowing how to just throw pitches through hitters yet. Nothing to worry about, you don't need strikeouts to survive in the league or succeed, though they definitely help. Groundballs and fly outs and lineouts are never a bad thing.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Maroth is going to have surgery on his elbow...could be out until late July. here

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That only opens a spot for a better SP in the way of Joel Zumaya.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Doubt Zumaya gets the spot. If he does, I'll be thrilled. But I doubt it. Watch for Ledezma or Colon to get it. Hopefully not Colon, he sucks as a starter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like what the Tigers young guns are doing now. Zumaya in the Rotation could be thrilling but his role in the pen is too important right now.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Detroit is keeping a 2.5 game lead over the White Sox right now. Impressive.

It'll stay that way too. White Sox suck.

J/K. that was only for Dam.

White Sox last two games = Lost both
    Tigers last two games = Won both

Overall consensus = White Sox finally showing their true colors, they suck.

Rookie ERA
    I'm born and bred Tigers but I wouldn't rule out Humberto Sanchez getting a look at a starting spot. He's got a good fastball and is pretty darn tough when he can locate his curve.

Don't be suprised if he's either called up or possibly traded for a LH bat, assuming that Dmitri Young doesn't come back and play lights out.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    I like what the Tigers young guns are doing now. Zumaya in the Rotation could be thrilling but his role in the pen is too important right now.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him getting more save ops. There are times when Todd Jones makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripes
    I'm born and bred Tigers but I wouldn't rule out Humberto Sanchez getting a look at a starting spot. He's got a good fastball and is pretty darn tough when he can locate his curve.

Don't be suprised if he's either called up or possibly traded for a LH bat, assuming that Dmitri Young doesn't come back and play lights out.
    First off welcome to the site. I hope you stick around. If we could get tons of Tigers fan on this site, that would great. Cause Tigers are the best team. Anyways, I wouldnt be surprised at us getting a LH bat. Cause I really don't see us calling up anyone, who do you think would be ready?

As for Sanchez, I'm just not seeing him as being called up this season. Possibly next season? Thats more realistic, IMO.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    First off welcome to the site. I hope you stick around. If we could get tons of Tigers fan on this site, that would great. Cause Tigers are the best team. Anyways, I wouldnt be surprised at us getting a LH bat. Cause I really don't see us calling up anyone, who do you think would be ready?

As for Sanchez, I'm just not seeing him as being called up this season. Possibly next season? Thats more realistic, IMO.
    I live in Sylvania and lemme tell you The Toledo Blade has turned from an Indians Daily News into Tigerfest 2006.

From what I've been reading is that we'd rather not trade anyone and hope that Dmitri fulfills the potential that we've hoped for. I'm not counting on him but it'd be nice to keep our top prospects. I've heard all the rumors, some that were even very far fetched. (Zumaya & Rodney for Sean Casey. No thanks. Casey's a nice player but that's a trade that I wouldn't touch.)

I've heard the Abreu rumors, Soriano rumors (why?) and even an Adam Dunn rumor or two. I don't want to tick off Cincinnati fans, but they can keep him. I've had enough years of guys hitting long balls and striking out. We've had Cecil (God bless him) but I don't want another big guy with a biiiig looooping swing.

I can see Maroth coming back and Leyland going with a six man rotation for the time being. I like our chances and we might lose a few games and I'm sure if we lose 3 or 4 in a row all the 'overrated' chants will come out.

It's been 19 years. I'm just living it up.

Exactly man. It's been a long time since Tigers have been this good. I've been hearing a lot of rumors, if anything, I wouldn't mind getting Bobby Abreu. Really, a LH hitter is more of want than a need for the Tigers. Our offense is pretty decent as is right now. I really haven't been following and don't know when Dmitri Young is expected back, but I hope he returns and starts hitting like he has the potential to. I doubt it. Cause before his injury, he was hitting horrible. I would love to keep all of our great specs especially the pitching specs.

On a sidenote, don't worry about the Cincy fans. They're not too smart around here.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast