Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tigers Random Rumblings

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Tigers Random Rumblings

The biggest surprise in the Tigers offseason wasn't that they traded our best prospect in Maybin and a pretty good spec in Miller for Cabrera and Willis, but that they got rid of Chris Shelton.

I really believe Chris Shelton was going to be our future at 1B, and that he was down in AAA so he could just work on shit. Nope, the Tigers got rid of him, thus Shelton will forever be known as that guy who had a crazy April, and then did shit. Man, I liked Shelton too.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Tigers are my pick for tomorrow. Galarraga has been flat out getting it done and the O's continue to struggle. Although the Tigers have a lackluster bullpen, I hope the Tigers offense can get things going and Galarraga can have a really good game and give the bullpen a solid lead before they give up a few runs.

Tough call, but I liked this Tigers pick and the Twins. But the line was better for the Tigers. Lets go!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Tonight I was eating a great lasagna with my family. My mom is in town to visit and we were at the table fondling with memories of my childhood as my wife and mother-in-law were getting in on all the little secrets of my adolescence. But as the picture was being painted, I was looking over my shoulder at the big game tonight. The sound was on mute, but I could still see the game and enjoy my family time as well.

I kept cursing Galarraga under my breath as the customary rollercoaster that comes with betting on a game was in full effect. I kept telling myself that the Tigers bats would have to show up because Galarraga was pitching poorly and we all know how horrible the Tiger bullpen has been this year. But my willing a Tigers victory did not help matters much. The line moved in the Tigers favor and the smart money was on the O's. I guess I jumped on this one a bit early. Someone knew something beyond the numbers because this one was set up as a Tigers landslide. Or so I thought...

Until tomorrow the.

Record:
    0-1

Bankroll:
    - $40 = $100

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Adam Everett (ankle sprain) was able to do some limited motion work Friday.

Jeremy Bonderman (sore shoulder) is on track to start Sunday against the Braves.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Justin Verlander, who was named the Tigers' Opening Day starter before the game, shut out the Braves for seven innings on Friday.

After Fernando Rodney blew a two-run lead in the eighth, Brandon Lyon gave up a run in the ninth to take a loss Friday against the Braves.

Matt Treanor returned to action Friday and hit a two-run homer against the Braves.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Tigers optioned OF Wilkin Ramirez to Triple-A Toledo; reassigned INF Don Kelly, C Max St. Pierre and OF Alexis Gomez to minor league camp.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Tigers manager Jim Leyland named Justin Verlander his Opening Day starter on Friday.

Rookie ERA

Don't play rock, scissors, paper with the Tigers.

Don't Play Rock-Paper-Scissors With The Tigers

MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910