Thread: Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox (8/28)

Tigers Detroit Tigers @ Boston Red Sox (8/28)

Detroit (62-65) at Boston (73-54)
    Game Time: 2:05 pm EDT

vs.

David Wells will try to help the Boston Red Sox bounce back from their first loss at Fenway Park in over a month when they conclude a three-game series against the Detroit Tigers.
    Despite feeling the effects of flu-like symptons, Wells threw five shutout innings on Tuesday to help Boston to a 5-2 road win over Kansas City. The burly left-hander gave up five hits and struck out five, but did not argue when manager Terry Francona came to take him out after 91 pitches.

``I felt pretty fatigued,'' said Wells, who improved to 4-1 with a 3.67 ERA in his last eight starts. ``After being sick the last couple of outings, I still have it. It kind of hit me all at once. I just went out there and made the best of it and got out of a few jams.

``The good thing about it, I wasn't fighting it. I wasn't trying to aim the ball. When you do that it's going to go all over the place.''

The veteran hurler has done well at Fenway, going 5-1 with a 3.36 ERA in nine starts this season. He has won four decisions in a row there since giving up six runs in an 8-4 loss to Baltimore on April 25.
    For the rest of the Preview

Recap
    Boxscore

Didn't watch the game, so can't say too much. Inge seemed to have a nice game by the stats though. Doesn't surprise me.