• 2nd

3 42.86%
  • 3rd

2 28.57%
  • 4th

0 0%
  • 5th

0 0%

Thread: Where will Detroit finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Where will Detroit finish in 2011?

We all know they fell flat in the second half of the season again, and wound up third in the AL Central. Health is going to be the biggest factor for the Tigers, as they haven't been very healthy the past two seasons. They have added Victor Martinez to make his rounds at DH, C and 1B. They hopefully get Ordonez and Inge back in one piece. They added Brad Penny to replace Jeremy Bonderman, whether Penny can actually be decently healthy, who knows but it's always unlikely. The Tigers added a possible set up man in Joaquin Benoit, who had a rather unheralded amazing season for Tampa in 2010. On paper, they're solid almost everywhere and have Cabrera to lead the offense and Verlander to lead the pitching staff, but they also have injury prone players littered throughout the roster.

What will they do in 2011? Injury and bust again?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Where will Detroit finish in 2011?

I have them finishing second this year. I like the versatility VMart brings along with his offense. Leyland has options with him and hitting next to Cabrera will be a killer 3-4 combo. Second base will be a question mark but a full year of Peralta at SS should be an improvement, at least offensively. I really liked what I saw of Austin Jackson so if he can avoid the sophomore slump, he will score 100+ runs yet again. Tigers need Raburn to progress and Magglio to duplicate his '10 numbers. Carlos Guillen should join the team sometime in June so that could be like adding a free agent. I think rotation is much improved with Verlander, Scherzer, Porcello, Penny and Coke. The offense and pitching is improved and I see them finishing just ahead of the Twins.

Rookie ERA

1st, have the best bullpen out of the contending teams in the AL Central this year. Solid offense, and a pretty solid starting 5.
    "Baseball just a came as simple as a ball and bat. Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. A sport, a business and sometimes almost even a religion." - Erine Harwell

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Welcome to the site BTH!

Banned
    Rookie ERA

This team has the all around team in my opinion. The pitching staff with Verlander on top is really respectable while having Valverde and Benoit as a one-two punch out of the bullpen gives them the late inning help. The hitting is the best of the division.