Thread: Tigers Re-sign Inge

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tigers Tigers Re-sign Inge

Tigers re-signed 3B Brandon Inge to a two-year, $11.5 million contract with a club option for 2013.
    He'll make $5.5 million in each of the next two seasons. The club holds a $6 million option for 2013 or a $500,000 buyout. Inge, who turns 34 next May, batted .247/.321/.397 with 13 homers and 70 RBI this season, which is no great shakes, but he continues to be one of the better fielding third basemen in the major leagues. It's not surprising to see him stay in Detroit, but the signing takes away one potential destination for impending free agent Adrian Beltre.
    Well there goes the second best third baseman right behind Beltre. Smart move by the Tigers as they got him for cheap coming off a down year. Inge is a great guy to have not only because of his stellar defense but that he can play multiple positions. He can catch and play the OF if needed making all the more valuable. Tigers will now look to bring back Peralta for cheap.

MLB ERA

Re: Tigers Re-sign Inge

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

Good move for the Tigers. He makes most plays at 3B and can play multiple positions if needed. His average always seems to be on the low side and for a corner infielder his power isn't what most teams would like, but the Tigers have power in Cabrera and need more defense which Inge is going to add to this team.

MLB ERA

I like Brandon Inge. I like Brandon Inge a lot. I don't know what his contract is...I don't care...I like Brandon-I like Brandon Inge a lot.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Well there goes the second best third baseman right behind Beltre. Smart move by the Tigers as they got him for cheap coming off a down year. Inge is a great guy to have not only because of his stellar defense but that he can play multiple positions. He can catch and play the OF if needed making all the more valuable. Tigers will now look to bring back Peralta for cheap.
    I remembered when they moved him to catcher last season, he was hated it. He's mainly a third baseman as he should be. His defensive skill is amazing. He's not great with a bat, but the defense makes up for it.

Plus, he's a great clubhouse leader and an all around nice guy.

It was a nice signing.