Thread: Bonderman

Bonderman

Does anybody else think Bonderman is deserving of a All star spot. He has 11 wins, 93 Ks, a 3.99 ERA. This is pretty good stats for a kid who is only 22 years old. Here's a nice article on Yahoo that, I though, covered the situation pretty well.

Link

I would love to see Bonderman in the All Star game, he's a great pitcher and has a good head on his shoulders. Not to mention he's got his better years ahead of him. I'm pretty excited about this young kid being in the rotation for a long time.

AA ERA
    I remeber when they were having that really poor year the only bright spot was some decent young pitchers. Bonderman has done pretty good. Surprised he was able to get 11 wins on the Tigers though.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Why are you surprised? Tigers team can be really good, they're just not good consistently. I watched a Tigers game against the Indians a couple months ago, and everything clicked. The defense was outstanding, making some very good plays. The hitting really came around that game w/o having Pudge, Maggs, or some other veteran players in the lineup. Players like Brandon Inge and Thames really stepped up. Pitching was solid, and Tigers beat the Indians.

My point is that I'm not surprised that Bonderman has already won 11 games, he's a great pitcher on a young talented team. I don't look upon Tigers as that teams who almost had 120 losses a couple seasons ago. Tigers are only a couple pieces away of giving the Twins and Sox a good fight for the division title.

AA ERA
    They remind me of teams that have their solid points, but can really let pitchers down and not give them run support. The 3.99 ERA isn't the best but it's pretty good and he is obviously getting good run support.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

The ERA could be a lil better but it's under 4 which looks good. A guy that stands out in my mind on the Tigers rotation that could be a lil better in the W-L column is Mike Maroth. IIRC, his record is 3-8 respectively, but it could be a lot better. Maroth pitches solid every time w/ a few exceptions here and there. This team definitely has some very good parts in place for the future.