Thread: 80 million for Verlander

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

American League 80 million for Verlander

Big money! Not Dontrelle Willis! No whammies! Oh wait, they still have Magglio Ordonez... well, I guess it'll be a few years delayed before Verlander is wearing the Evil Empire, Evil Nation, or whatever you call the Cubs logo.

DETROIT -- Justin Verlander likely would have earned a nine-figure contract if was able to stay healthy and successful for two more seasons.
    Instead, Verlander agreed to an $80 million, five-year deal to stay with the Detroit Tigers.

"It wasn't very tempting, to be honest," he insisted Thursday after the contract was finished. "It's fun to think about, but why risk anything else if you know this is where you want to play baseball? And, I certainly don't plan on my career being over in five years."
    Detroit Tigers, Justin Verlander finalize five-year, $80 million contract - ESPN
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: 80 million for Verlander

Speaking of D-Train though, does anyone see him having a coming season? I need to see that he is getting back in shape first. He seems to have severely lost that deceptive windup he once had. It would be cool to see him get back to form.

And since I didn't mention this before, I will now. This Verlander signing was one of many good moves from teams with young stars whom were locked up for what would be cheaper than a free agent of similar talent. For me, Verlander is a top five AL arm and is still young enough to remain at the top for a very long time. Great signing.

And oh yeah, please do not picture him in a Cubs uni mission. That is far too scary a thought.

Rookie ERA

God I'd love to see Verlander wearing blue pinstripes.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Haha, yeah you would wouldn't you. Verlander vs Chapman for NL Central dominance in 2015.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't think the cubs could ever possibly be an Evil. But, who knows. Carlos Zambrano could easily eat someone like David Eckstein and cause an uproar.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.