Thread: Jacque Jones DFA'd

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Jacque Jones DFA'd

Tigers designated outfielder Jacque Jones for assignment.
    Jones was hitting just .165/.244/.253 in 79 at-bats, so it's hard to blame the Tigers from being frustrated with him. Still, there's a good chance he'll bounce back and be an adequate platoon outfielder for another team, perhaps the Padres or the Marlins. Mike Joyce seems poised to replace him versus right-handers for now, but the Tigers also have Marcus Thames, Brandon Inge and Ryan Raburn as alternatives in left field. Plus, Barry Bonds is still out there awaiting a phone call.
    He was one of the moves the Tigers made this offseason but never panned out for the Tigers. Not much has now that I think about it. The Padres, Mets and a few more teams should be interested. Leyland promised roster moves and he did not disappoint.

MLB ERA

Re: Jacque Jones DFA'd

Jones isn't done playing ball. He can be a good bat in the #6 or 7 slot and can drive in runs pretty well. He doesn't run the way he did 5 years ago, but he is a smart baserunner.
    Someone should pick him up relatively soon -- possibly even the Twins?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Jacque Jones DFA'd

He's still in the final year of that $16 mil contract with the Cubs. I doubt he'll stop playing. Like catman said, he's still a good hitter and is a good baserunner. I don't think the Twins would go for him. The Padres maybe, but not the Twins.