Thread: Couple of teams interested in Inge

MLB ERA

Couple of teams interested in Inge

Still looking for a third baseman, the Dodgers are interested in Detroit's Brandon Inge, who lost his starting job when the Tigers acquired Miguel Cabrera, and Pedro Feliz of the hated Giants. -- OC Register
    Detroit third baseman Brandon Inge has asked to be traded now that newcomer Miguel Cabrera has taken his position. He'd be an improvement for the Minnesota Twins. -- Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
    I think the Dodgers should pursue Inge the hardest. Once they hired Torre nothing else really happened besides signing Andruw Jones. Inge could be a good fit to play the hot corner for this club. Especially if the Dbacks get Haren the Dodgers are definitley going to have to make some more moves to contend for the NL West.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Couple of teams interested in Inge

The Giants need him more than the Dodgers. Dodgers have options at third while the Giants have one and he's a second baseman. The Tigers need to eat some of his salary and the Giants need to snag him.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The Dodgers don't need to give up anything to get Inge, they have internal options that can do the trick.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Giants need him more than the Dodgers. Dodgers have options at third while the Giants have one and he's a second baseman. The Tigers need to eat some of his salary and the Giants need to snag him.
    Of course the Giants need him more than the Dodgers but I was just saying out of the two teams that i found a rumor with them have interest in him I would say the Dodgers need him more.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

I'd like to see Inge playing for the Twins, but doubt if the Tigers would deal within their division. Maybe the Giants could make a deal for him and the Twins could trade Punto for him and Lincecum?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

lol sweet deal.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to the Detroit Free Press, the Tigers and Pirates have discussed Brandon Inge.
    The newspaper reports that "it's not clear if the sides have made any progress toward a deal." Inge has told the Tigers that he'd prefer to start somewhere else rather than be a reserve in Detroit following the trade for Miguel Cabrera.
    Inge and Wilson would make for one of the best defensive left sides of an infield in baseball.

MLB ERA

That deal would make sense, but who do the Pirates send to Detroit for him? Steve Pearce could help, but more would be needed.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marte would be perfect.