Thread: Higginson trade talks are off; latest surge helps Higginson make team

Higginson trade talks are off; latest surge helps Higginson make team

MLB.com: Marlins and Mets not interested anymore

LAKELAND, Fla. -- The trade market for Bobby Higginson appeared to dry up Wednesday, leaving the prospect of a release that much closer.

The Florida Marlins' on-again, off-again flirtation with the long-tenured Tiger ended in the afternoon when the club told the Tigers they're no longer interested in a deal, MLB.com learned. The other team rumored to have shown trade interest, the Mets, did not have a scout watching him Wednesday. New York would only pursue him if he's released, industry sources said.
    MLB.com: Higginson makes team

LAKELAND, Fla. -- After a week of wondering where he might land, Bobby Higginson will land in Detroit with the rest of the Tigers.

In a surprising decision that manager Alan Trammell said he didn't make until Thursday, he announced that Higginson has made the team. He beat out Marcus Thames for a reserve outfield spot, ensuring he'll at least begin an 11th season with the only Major League team he's known.

MLB ERA
    I still say he gets traded at some point and they will bring up the power hitting Thames.

Well, I had heard that he was going to get released, but I guess they are set on getting something back for him.