Thread: Sheff To Have Shoulder Surgey

MLB ERA

Sheff To Have Shoulder Surgey

To say the least, Gary Sheffield was scared.

His injured right shoulder -- in intense pain since a July 21 outfield collision -- was worse than expected. So much so, that Sheffield, the Tigers' designated hitter, thought it was going to take full-blown surgery to correct the damage.

"I was concerned when they told me what they found," Sheffield told The Detroit News on Friday.

Dr. John Uribe, Sheffield said, found bone fragments chipped off his arm and floating around in his shoulder. "And it was multiple, not just one or two," Sheffield said. "The first thing he said when he saw the X-rays was that he might have to open me up to get it. I was really concerned."

That's why Sheffield has no choice but to have surgery Monday in Miami. But Dr. Uribe will perform arthroscopic surgery, not a more involved surgery that first was thought to be needed.

"He said we could go this route and still get it 100 percent," Sheffield said. "That's good with me."
    Tigers' Sheffield shoulders his fate

Stay down you two timing back staber.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sheff To Have Shoulder Surgey

surgey?

MLB ERA

Re: Sheff To Have Shoulder Surgey

**** you know what I mean.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM