Thread: Meeting Joel Zumaya

Wurtland Middle School
    Rookie ERA

Meeting Joel Zumaya

I ran into Joel Zumaya while he was doing a commercial for a Michigan sports memorabilia store tonight. Seems like a pretty cool guy. I asked him how his hand was doing and he said he'd be back by the playoffs definitely. I know this has nothing to do with the Reds, but being a baseball fan in general, I thought it was pretty cool. He has a pretty cool flame tattoo on his left arm....fitting for a guy that throws 100.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Meeting Joel Zumaya

Hey, that is cool. It is always fun to meet athletes. I have met a couple here and there.

Re: Meeting Joel Zumaya

Did you tell him hes an idiot for getting hurt while playing Guitar Hero lol

That's sweet tho. Some bars that I go to around home, Scott Proctor, Brian Bruney and Kyle Farnsworth show up there every monday pretty much. I've talked to them a bunch of times, it's pretty f'in cool talkin to big leaguers like that

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I love meeting sports stars. Thats awesome1 I met Bill Romanowski at Dave and Buster's when he was playing for the Broncos a while back. Also, I flew from California to Denver and John Elway was sitting coach right next to a buddy of mine. Awesome stuff. Especially when they are cool about people coming up to them.

Generally I don't like to bother them too much. They get enough of that. Seeing them is good enough for me. But if they just start chatting it up, its even better.

By the way, do you mind if I move this to the Tigers forum?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

redsrbetter, that is exactly how I feel when I have been fortunate enough to meet a few pro athletes. It is ok with me to move this to the Tigers Forum. j/k! I know it is not my place to say. Just having some fun.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wonder how much Zumaya has been teased about that Guitar Hero injury, as it truly is one of the most humorous injuries outside of Pavano having among others, an injury to his buttocks (which I find funny not for the juvenile reasons but just the obscurity of it, since he is like the little Operation game guy.)

That's really cool though Newman, it'll be interesting to see how he comes back from that injury/surgery seeing how impressive he was last season.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

or Sammy Sosa hurting himself sneezing. Which I know is very possible, but it is still funny!!!

MLB ERA

Zumaya and I went to the same high school (he graduated '02 and I '04). While I never got to meet him in person, I heard nothing but cool things about him. I do remember when he got drafted by the Tigers. Alot of us didn't know if he would make it to the bigs or not.