Thread: Rogers and his tired arm

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rogers and his tired arm

Tigers placed LHP Kenny Rogers on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 25, with a fatigued arm.
    Rogers will undergo further tests Thursday. The DL stint is retroactive, meaning Rogers could return as soon as April 9. "I don't think it's a long-term thing," general manager Dave Dombrowski said. Chad Durbin will make at least one start in Rogers' place, and Bobby Seay will get the open roster spot.
    This shouldn't be a big deal but you never know with a 42 yr old pitcher. He had a great year last year which leaves me to believe he will be fine.

MLB ERA
    Great now Kenny will be taking a full five minutes between pitches.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

the cool midwest spring seather doesn't help either. it is smart to rest him early anyways! the tigers will be just fine for a few weeks without him.

MLB ERA
    The Tigers will have to do without him for a lot longer than a couple of weeks. He had surgery to remove blood clots in his shoulder today and will be out until July at the earliest. I'm sure the Tigers will have arms to fill in until he returns, but they would rather have him pitching every 5th day than watching the other guys take their turns.
    Here is a story on this:
    ESPN.com - MLB - Rogers has blood clot removed, likely out until July
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

the tigers are going to take a bit of a hit here, but there pitching is deep and talented though. also, with their offense, i really feel that the tigers will still be in the hunt when rogers returns in the second half. even if they dont get rogers this year, they will be o.k. and if they get a healthy rogers back in the second half and they are not too far out, yikes, look out for the tigers!

MLB ERA
    Gotta agree with Brewersfan. A definately hit to the rotation losing someone like Rogers, but it shouldn't hurt them too bad considering their depth at the position. As a fan of Rogers I still don't like him losing half a season like this though.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Not taking anything away from Roger's talent, but I feel his steadiness and leadership and experience is what the Tigers will miss the most. Plus, he is consistent and basically can be counted on for 7 innings+ per start, which means the bullpen gets to rest somewhat most of the time when he starts!