Thread: No suprise but Casey starts at first...where does Dmitri fit in?

Rookie ERA

No suprise but Casey starts at first...where does Dmitri fit in?

Thames is at DH. Where do we put Dmitri?

Is he going to be a situational player? Platooning with Casey at first?

It's a good problem to have.

AA ERA
    It's a good problem to have.
    Unless you acquired Bobby Abreu and you have Gary Sheffield without a OF position. Can't wait to see how that whole fiasco turns out.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Unless you acquired Bobby Abreu and you have Gary Sheffield without a OF position. Can't wait to see how that whole fiasco turns out.
    John Kruk just said that he sees the Yanks putting Sheffield at first and moving Giambi to DH.

It'd be a sick lineup.

AA ERA
    Well, this issue isn't whether Torre can find Sheffield a position to play such as 1B if that were an option, it's whether Sheffield would be willing to do that especially since it looks like the Yankees will not pick up his option at seasons end. And I am sure we will see one of those Sheffield being Sheffield moments.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Well, this issue isn't whether Torre can find Sheffield a position to play such as 1B if that were an option, it's whether Sheffield would be willing to do that especially since it looks like the Yankees will not pick up his option at seasons end. And I am sure we will see one of those Sheffield being Sheffield moments.
    Kruk was saying that Tino Martinez said that Sheff was willing to do it last year, but wasn't called upon t odo so.

I'd like to see one of those Sheffield moments. Up until about five years ago, I never had a problem with the Yanks.

Oh how times have changed.

Rookie ERA
    What would be classic is for Sheff to be at first and make an error costing them the game. After the game, the media asking him if he thinks his option will be picked up.

Losing a game and losing out on 13 million. That'd be something I'd pay to watch.