Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sox series is crucial

Rookie ERA

Sox series is crucial

I'm a big believer in momentum, it can make or break a season. I truly believe that this week's series will propel us to the playoffs in first place or drive us towards a WC.

That said, I think we'll win. We're due to play well against these guys and I think Leyland has learned NOT to pitch to Thome if it's close in the 9th.

It starts with Robertson tomorrow night!!!

Words can't even show my excitement about this series. I'll definitely be down with watching the whole game tommorow.

I'm not into momentum or anything, this won't make or break the season, IMO.

It's a pretty important series though. If we could sweep the White Sox, we could increase our lead to 7.5 games. Which would be just amazing.

MLB ERA
    With a White Sox sweep, that lead is down to 1.5. On an unrelated note, I hate the Royals and underperformance.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

White Sox won't sweep. If anything they'll win a game. Lucky if even that.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    White Sox won't sweep. If anything they'll win a game. Lucky if even that.
    We shall see. It could go either way, but the way you talk, you'd think the Tigers are 5-1 against the White Sox instead of the other way around, which is how it actually is.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

It's not like the White Sox are playing their best baseball either, yah know?

Anything can happen. History isn't going to predict the outcome of this future. You got to take each game as is, cause anything can happen.

Todays the day, that the White Soxs series starts....you going to watch todays game, tigerstripes?

Rookie ERA
    I'm definitely watching the game. Yes, the WS are 5-1 against us this year but it's not like they've blown us out.

If Leyland walks Thome, it's 4-2. Every game has been close and I'm confident that our pitching can pull us through.

Tonight marks the return of Joel Zumaya from his 'mechanics repair' work. Hopefully he's got it down because I think he's crucial. He's got everything Jenks does and IMHO, will be our closer NLT 2007. (his foot wasn't staying on the rubber, therefore he didn't have good command of his pitches)

Zumaya is just crazy good. Hopefully he show the White Sox fans what a good reliever is suppose to look like.

Looks like it's Robertson and Garland tonight. So it'll definitely be a good match up.

Rookie ERA
    Unfortunately one of those two pitchers showed up to pitch a game and the other showed up to toss BP.

I don't mean to rant but I can't understand how Robertson can suck so bad in such a big game. *I know this isn't a playoff game and it really doesn't mean anything but we need to prove it to ourselves that we can beat these teams. Great, we beat the AAA KC Royals, my grandmother and her bingo partners could probably no hit them.

Bonderman, you need to be money tomorrow because tonight we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a freaking boat!

I have no words to say really how I feel....i'm just hoping we win tommorow. Or you may see me go off on a huge ****en rant.

Rookie ERA
    I have no words to say really how I feel....i'm just hoping we win tommorow. Or you may see me go off on a huge ****en rant.
    This could be an ugly board to be on tomorrow night. Lets just say that my girl decided to take off during the third inning.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripes
    This could be an ugly board to be on tomorrow night. Lets just say that my girl decided to take off during the third inning.
    ha ha. Oh trust me, I'm pretty frustrated now. If we lose tommorow, oh it's going to be hell broken loose on this damn board. Cause I'm going to have to vent my damn anger somewhere. If it's not this board, well, I feel pretty bad for the people in my neighborhood, cause I will go crazy.

This series is huge, tigers have to prove to their fans that they can beat a top team like the White Sox. Cause no way can we play like this and go on and win the damn world series.

Rookie ERA
    ha ha. Oh trust me, I'm pretty frustrated now. If we lose tommorow, oh it's going to be hell broken loose on this damn board. Cause I'm going to have to vent my damn anger somewhere. If it's not this board, well, I feel pretty bad for the people in my neighborhood, cause I will go crazy.

This series is huge, tigers have to prove to their fans that they can beat a top team like the White Sox. Cause no way can we play like this and go on and win the damn world series.
    Trust me, I hear about it at work every day. I hear the, "Great, you can beat the Royals but how've you done against the Chisox/Yanks/Bosox this year."

It gets old. What makes it worse is that it's true.

Fellas, it's time to grow a sack and win a big series. Get one tomorrow and let Rogers bring the final win home Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripes
    Trust me, I hear about it at work every day. I hear the, "Great, you can beat the Royals but how've you done against the Chisox/Yanks/Bosox this year."

It gets old. What makes it worse is that it's true.

Fellas, it's time to grow a sack and win a big series. Get one tomorrow and let Rogers bring the final win home Thursday.
    I couldnt agree more. I know that damn feeling all too well. I hate when people tell me that damn shit. Just pisses me off.

We need to start beating some top teams in the league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast