Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sox series is crucial

Rookie ERA
    I was at the game last night, I thought it was going to be a great time. It was a great feel around the ball park, my first game in a while. I can't believe they lost game 1, I thought they would have this one. I feel they will grab the next two games though.

I'm hoping too. If they don't win tonight, i'll definitely be ranting on this board.

Hopefully you come on here tonight Babar and share you thoughts, good or bad thoughts.

Rookie ERA
    Bondo's made one big mistake but he's not pitching nearly as badly as last time.

We've got to get rid of the damn cold bats.

Exactly. Bonderman has been doing pretty good except for that Crede homer. The hitting, heh. It's been ****en horrible.

While watching the game, I get this damn feeling, that the damn players get intimidated by the White Sox. it's just pathetic.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Stupid play by Uribe right there in the 6th inning.

Situation:

White Sox 2, Tigers 1. Sixth inning. Bases loaded, no outs against Javier Vazquez, who has really been struggling in this inning.

Thames hits a grounder to SS (Uribe) which would have been an easy 6-4-3 double play.

However, instead of conceding the run and turning the double play, Uribe decides to throw home to get the runner, which he does. The White Sox still have the lead by 1, but the bases are still loaded with 1 out (instead of man on 3rd and 2 outs).

The potential for the big inning is still there for the Tigers. Which is what happens, as Craig Monroe follows up with a grand slam to put the Tigers up 5-2.

Should have turned the double play. Yeah, you give up the tying run, but you leave tons of pressure on your pitcher Vazquez to have to pitch with the bases loaded.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Stupid play by Uribe right there in the 6th inning.

Situation:

White Sox 2, Tigers 1. Sixth inning. Bases loaded, no outs against Javier Vazquez, who has really been struggling in this inning.

Thames hits a grounder to SS (Uribe) which would have been an easy 6-4-3 double play.

However, instead of conceding the run and turning the double play, Uribe decides to throw home to get the runner, which he does. The White Sox still have the lead by 1, but the bases are still loaded with 1 out (instead of man on 3rd and 2 outs).

The potential for the big inning is still there for the Tigers. Which is what happens, as Craig Monroe follows up with a grand slam to put the Tigers up 5-2.

Should have turned the double play. Yeah, you give up the tying run, but you leave tons of pressure on your pitcher Vazquez to have to pitch with the bases loaded.
    It would have been an excellent play had Vazquez not thrown yet another hanging curveball. The White Sox need to forbid him from throwing the curveball. He hangs it about 50% of the time he throws it.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Still. Should have turned the DP. I was yelling at the TV for that stupidity.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Still. Should have turned the DP. I was yelling at the TV for that stupidity.
    Turn the DP and give up the lead? I'd rather take the out at home and take my chances.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    and you failed.

Well, Dam logged off after the Tigers won. I'm sure he'll come on here and say he had some shit to do. But I don't buy it. He left, cause he knew he was going to get some shit from me.

Tigers won........ya baby! This is exactly what we needed. Now hopefully we can win tommorow and take this series.

I was gone for the whole game. I saw that we won. **** yah!!!

We took 2 of 3, and it was a great series. Lets keep the good times rolling.

Rookie ERA
    I watched all three games and can I get a big 'hell ya'!!!

Hell Ya!!!

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I was gone for the whole game. I saw that we won. **** yah!!!

We took 2 of 3, and it was a great series. Lets keep the good times rolling.
    Sorry I've been gone. I was so happy and I knew the Tigers would win games 2 and 3! Go tigers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12