Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I checked the Tivo and Zach Miner

Rookie ERA

So I checked the Tivo and Zach Miner

Made Rogers and Bonderman's starts earlier this week look like gems.

Not pretty, not by a long shot.

Rookie ERA
    Three errors combined between Guillen and Infante. You cannot have three errors and expect to win ballgames.

It's only one game, but it's a game where we could've grown our lead.

I was trying to avoid this thread, to be truthful here. Cause todays game was just shitty. I'm pretty tired right now, so I'm going to avoid my full out comments on todays game. (I'll post them tommorow) Cause I did watch the majority of the game (started watching at the 3rd inning and watched till the very last out in the 9th inning).

Anyways, I just wanted to congratulate Thames. Cause he was pretty much the Tigers offense in this last game against KC.

Thames is really impressing me and starting to really become my favorite Detroit Tiger.

I was pretty excited about this game for some reason. Miner really pitched shitty and Ledezma sucked. Grilli did nice though.

As for hitting, big props to Thames. The guy was just on fire. As for the other hitting, not too impressive really.

There really wasn't much to this game, it sucked to lose. We still took 3 of 4. We were resting our best players so they could be ready to kick some White Sox ass. Leyland knows that this series is pretty big for Detroit.

Rookie ERA
    As I've said, I think that we ALL know how crucial this series is. (Then again, if we lose, I'll spin it as if it's no biggie. )

Sitting those guys just made sure they're fresh, we take 2 of three and it's a 6.5 game lead. Not an easy number to overcome.

I think the key will be the starting pitching. Robertson needs to give us a solid start tonight. Bondo and Rogers cannot continue to pitch like stir fried ass (even though they won) and expect to beat the Chisox.

Another reason I'd like to win this series is that Ozzie Guillen just annoys me. I don't know why, he just does.

MLB ERA
    Make that 5.5 if the Tigers take 2 of 3. Also, expect Rogers to pitch like "stir fried ass" (nice, I like it) the rest of the way. He hasn't had a sub 4 post All-Star break ERA in the last 5 seasons.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Make that 5.5 if the Tigers take 2 of 3. Also, expect Rogers to pitch like "stir fried ass" (nice, I like it) the rest of the way.
    First off, it would be a 6.5 game lead if Tigers took 2 of 3. They have a 4.5 game lead right now. 2 more wins would make the lead 6.5. Easy math, Dam.

Oohh...20 minutes till White Sox start getting their ass kicked by the Tigers.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    First off, it would be a 6.5 game lead if Tigers took 2 of 3. They have a 4.5 game lead right now. 2 more wins would make the lead 6.5. Easy math, Dam.

Oohh...20 minutes till White Sox start getting their ass kicked by the Tigers.
    First off, you'd only gain one game in that scenario, because the White Sox would win one as well. 2-1=1

Secondly, 1-0 White Sox.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Secondly, 1-0 White Sox.
    You got lucky. 2 games left.

Rookie ERA
    *Breaks a cyber bat over his knee*

All I can say is that it appears that Nate Robertson felt that the White Sox would be baffled by his impression of a human "T-Ball" T.

Garland pitched well, he was due but we didn't make him work a whole lot.

I'm pissed at how pathetic that was. I'm betting Leyland was choking down those heaters a pack a minute after the frigging game.

PATHETIC

You want respect, you have to earn it against the big boys. We haven't earned crap yet and they're acting like they're in the playoffs already.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstripes
    *Breaks a cyber bat over his knee*

All I can say is that it appears that Nate Robertson felt that the White Sox would be baffled by his impression of a human "T-Ball" T.

Garland pitched well, he was due but we didn't make him work a whole lot.

I'm pissed at how pathetic that was. I'm betting Leyland was choking down those heaters a pack a minute after the frigging game.

PATHETIC

You want respect, you have to earn it against the big boys. We haven't earned crap yet and they're acting like they're in the playoffs already.
    Truthfully, I couldnt even look at the score after the White Sox got that fourth run. Cause I knew the game was just gone after that. ****en pathetic. Stupid ass Robinson. First inning was great, but after that, all down hill.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Truthfully, I couldnt even look at the score after the White Sox got that fourth run. Cause I knew the game was just gone after that. ****en pathetic. Stupid ass Robinson. First inning was great, but after that, all down hill.
    Pretty much. We need Bonderman to pitch a big game tomorrow and I think he will.

He hasn't been downright nasty like he can be, in a few weeks. Tomorrow is a great night to shut 'em out.

If we shut them out. I'll be in the best ****en mood in a long time. Cause then we can joke the resident troll....errr...the White Sox fan, Dam.

Rookie ERA
    Lets just say that it'll be a very lively place if that happens.

BTW, our August schedule SUCKS!

MLB ERA
    Tomorrow is a great night to shut 'em out.
    It's a better night for regression to career means though.

BTW, our August schedule SUCKS!
    I've been trying to tell Rock that for months now. It's about time the tables get turned on the schedule front.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast