Thread: Watch out for the Tigers Folks

MLB ERA

Watch out for the Tigers Folks

I've seen everyone's predictions and nobody is giving the Tigers any love. I'm not saying that they will win the division but I think they have a shot and they can match up in the Central. They have solidified their bullpen and have added Magglio Ordonez to an already potent offense. I'm not trying to sound like a big Tigers homer but I have a lot of family in the Detroit and Toledo areas and was even fortunate enough to go to the old Tigers Stadium. I think the AL Central is wide open and it should be a fun division to keep an eye on.

Got some family up there myself, and definitely agree with you. Tigers, could win the division this season if things fall int he right place. One guy I would like to say will be a huge surprise is Craig Monroe this kid is very talented. I think brandon Inge could have himself a very good season.

AA ERA
    Tigers are going to be good, but I am not sure about their starting pitching. I think Tigers and Indians are fighting for second place. We will see. If the Twins don't win the AL Central, I would love to see Detroit win it. Don't care much for the Indians or the She-ca-go Whiney Sux.

AAA ERA
    definatly could win haveing mags now

One player doesn't make the team griffey. Maggs will only help the Tigers, Tigers had a great team before Maggs came along.

For the starting pitching, a great young pitcher in Bonderman and overall a very young rotation. Could hurt them, I wish they had gotten one experienced pitcher in there. I know they have Jason Johnson, but as of right now he's probably a #3 in the rotation for them.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    She-ca-go Whiney Sux.

Higginson made the team but if he doesn't produce look for him to be traded and they'll bring the power hitting Thames up. It's nice to see a team like the Tigers with a history get some respect back.

I ordered the baseball package on Directv so I'll be watching a lot of games; the package is also great if you play in any fantasy leagues.

AA ERA
    ADH: I call Chicago as She-ca-go because that's how Bert Blyleven, Twins color analyst, pronouces it. It's pretty funny how he says it.

Whiney Sux because the White Sox whine a lot not to mention how they talk a lot yet they suck every year.

I gotta get my credit card in gear and get my MLB.TV back. I will have it ready as soon as my credit card comes. I called for it the other day.

MLB ERA
    Welp, looks like my Tigers prediction is going into the crapper rather quickly.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Welp, looks like my Tigers prediction is going into the crapper rather quickly.
    As I told you when the season started, their pitching is just not good enough and it showed against the Twins in the three-game series.

BTW, I hope Dimitri Young was impressed with the Twins after he made some degrading comments about how the Twins will not be a factor in the AL Central. What a fool! He should know better.

MLB ERA
    Big series for the Tigers this weekend against the White Sux; hopefully the A's helped cool one of baseball's hottest teams. I know steak would like to see the Tigers do some damage.

AA ERA
    God I want to see Detroit beat those losers up. I hope they get it done.

You gotta give the Tigers credit for coming from behind after getting swept by the Twins. Good resillency.

MLB ERA
    Nice little thumping of Da Sux last night. Carlos Pena hit two HR's in the 8-3 victory; that guy has the potential to be a great player and hopefully he gets it together.

MLB ERA
    Well this sucks but it's not unexpected:

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=det

So now two of the Tigers biggest free agent pickups are on the DL: Percival and Ordonez. That's gotta hurt.