View Poll Results: Are the Tigers for real or not?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • No

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are the Tigers for real or not?

Rookie ERA
    I think they'll make the Wild Card this year, but not very far. They will have their usual slump this year, not sure how long it will last, hopefully not THAT long. I hope they can make it to the playoffs this year, that's my hope for them this year.

What makes you think they'll go into a slump?

Welcome to the site by the way.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    What makes you think they'll go into a slump?

Welcome to the site by the way.
    Seems to happen to the Tigers every season. They usually start out strong, but this has been the best in years, so I'm glad about that, and then they just lose, lose and lose again! I'm hoping they don't, but my hopes won't give the outcome of their season.

I understand. You're like a lot of Tiger fans. You'll come to know me as very optimistic. I just don't see Tigers getting into a slump any time soon. The way they've been playing, the only way they'll be getting into slump, is if they make constant mistakes. Even then, I have a feeling Leyland will put an end to any type of mistake making.

You have to admit, we haven't had this great of a manager since, oh I don't know, Sparky Anderson.

Rookie ERA
    I understand. You're like a lot of Tiger fans. You'll come to know me as very optimistic. I just don't see Tigers getting into a slump any time soon. The way they've been playing, the only way they'll be getting into slump, is if they make constant mistakes. Even then, I have a feeling Leyland will put an end to any type of mistake making.

You have to admit, we haven't had this great of a manager since, oh I don't know, Sparky Anderson.
    I agree I'm a typical Tigers fan. I'm sort of upset at these bandwagon fans, I've had season tickets the past 7 years. Leyland is great, he is the reason they are doing so well.

Heh. I haven't seen any bandwagon fans yet. Maybe some long time Michiganians, (heh never learned how to spell it), coming out and finally supporting their home team.

So if you don't mind saying so, where do you live in Michigan? I'm up on the west side of Lansing.

Rookie ERA
    Heh. I haven't seen any bandwagon fans yet. Maybe some long time Michiganians, (heh never learned how to spell it), coming out and finally supporting their home team.

So if you don't mind saying so, where do you live in Michigan? I'm up on the west side of Lansing.
    I'm in Farmington Hills. About a 25 minute drive to Comerica Park from there. It's a nice city, but it gets pretty dull sometimes.

Yah I know where that is. It's the lil *****es of high school football, with those stupid Packers colors. I hate that stuck up place. No offense.

Rookie ERA
    Yah I know where that is. It's the lil *****es of high school football, with those stupid Packers colors. I hate that stuck up place. No offense.
    I don't go to Harrison (the packers color school) I go to North Farmington. I hate Harrison so much, they got a grade of a D overall and my school is in the top 100 public schools, so the other two Farmington high schools try to compete with us, but we always win. (Besides football, lol) Yeah I hate that high school too.

lol. Well that's good to know. ha ha. So lets get back on the topic of Tigers. What do you think the Tigers could use most, a hitter, RP, what?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Tigers dont really need too much else maybe demote that Jones guy and make one of the other young guns the closer (Rodney).
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Well, that maybe so. I did like Rodney in the closer position. I would actually like to see Zumaya be giving a chance in the rotation. He's done great in the MR spot, but I think he could be a great SP.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Tiger will fall apart! Currently they are playing way better than anyone expected even yes you Rocksports can't believe it! I Just think with the way chicago and Minnesota are playing there will be a collapse. If Minnesota is within 6 games by all star break start to worry. We all have lots of game's vs each other. Will be interesting. No question the wild card will come from the AL central.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Wow. Warning: Wishful dreaming on the post above. Person does not know what they are typing about. You have been warned that you actually may become more stupid by reading the post above.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Tiger will fall apart! Currently they are playing way better than anyone expected even yes you Rocksports can't believe it! I Just think with the way chicago and Minnesota are playing there will be a collapse. If Minnesota is within 6 games by all star break start to worry. We all have lots of game's vs each other. Will be interesting. No question the wild card will come from the AL central.
    This is what I was saying, minus the Twins part. I think the Tigers will play well, but not AS well as they're playing now. Chicago may pass them up, or tie, but I think the Tigers will keep playing strong. I've been reading a lot lately, and I just don't see them falling completely apart. Maybe a SHORT slump, but nothing major.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast