Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tigers in 1st with ChiSox loss

MLB ERA

Tigers Tigers in 1st with ChiSox loss

How surprised are you? Everything has gelled.

Not only are they in first in the AL Central. They also have the top record in all of baseball. Words can't be described as to how the people of Michigan have been reacting to the Tigers as of lately, kids are actually talking about the Tigers over the Pistons as of right now. (I don't blame them)

So many reasons why Tigers are as good as they are right now. Truly, it's their pitching. The pitching coach has done wonders with our pitchers, and some talent has come out of nowhere (Mike Maroth). Our pitching is truly amazing, and it's a great thing to see. Especially after so many years of having horrible pitching (Ooh the Nate Cornejo days, I cringe at the thought of it).

Not only has it been the pitching, but it's been a lot of other things. Hitting, better defense, better attitude, more responsibility put on the players. It's more of a team atmosphere geared towards winning. So, Leyland should be the Manager of the year for what he's done with Detroit. He's an amazing GM, and I remember how some of you knocked Detroit for firing Trammel. It was the best move that Domb. could make. Our team is staying healthy. It's just a totally changed team.

Just had to pipe in, and write down my thoughts about the Tigers. I've been talking Tigers all day. I really am excited to see this series with Cincy now.

Go Tigers!

MLB ERA

White Sox

3 outs from 2nd place once again.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    I hate when I jinx things.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

I don't. Thx.

It's still early in the season. I'm sure you'll get the lead of the division for a couple of games sooner or later.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    I don't. Thx.

It's still early in the season. I'm sure you'll get the lead of the division for a couple of games sooner or later.
    Well, up until two days ago, the Sox had been in first since mid-April, and are in first place now. I doubt your Tigers can stay as hot as they've been recently, though.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Well actually the Tigers and White Sox are tied for first place.

Doubt? Did I actually see that word. That's all people have been doing when it comes to the Tigers. Doubting them. Tigers are a changed team, believe it or not. They can fight with the best of teams right now. They'll surely give the White Sox a good race for the AL Central.

MLB ERA
    Well actually the Tigers and White Sox are tied for first place.

Doubt? Did I actually see that word. That's all people have been doing when it comes to the Tigers. Doubting them. Tigers are a changed team, believe it or not. They can fight with the best of teams right now. They'll surely give the White Sox a good race for the AL Central.
    Are the Sox in first place? Yes. Thank you.

I doubt they can go 9-1 every 10 games. If you actually believe they can do that, you're extremely optimistic, but also extremely dumb. I was actually one of the few people that thought the Tigers could compete this year if everything came together for them, but for any baseball team to go 9-1 in 10 games is not going to be the norm for them. Therefore, yes, I doubt that your Tigers can stay as hot as they've been recently.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Wow man. Getting a little bit tensed. That's the reason I never really liked these message boards, you can't see the emotions of the typer to go along with the post. The way your coming off, take it easy. It's baseball, not life.

White Sox are in first place, as is the Tigers.

I am extremely optmistic and that's the type of person I am. But obviously, they're not going to keep up that win:loss ratio. If they do, great. They'll be good enough to keep up in the top of AL Central.

White Sox aren't amazing, they're beatable.

MLB ERA
    Wow man. Getting a little bit tensed. That's the reason I never really liked these message boards, you can't see the emotions of the typer to go along with the post. The way your coming off, take it easy. It's baseball, not life.

White Sox are in first place, as is the Tigers.

I am extremely optmistic and that's the type of person I am. But obviously, they're not going to keep up that win:loss ratio. If they do, great. They'll be good enough to keep up in the top of AL Central.

White Sox aren't amazing, they're beatable.
    I think I did come off as angry there, and I'm not really.

All I was saying is that the Sox are in first, which they are.

I agree that the Tigers are a good team, but you acted as if my doubting the Tigers' ability to win 9 out of every 10 of their games was some ridiculously disrespectful action that was typical of every non Tigers fan. I just felt the need to point out that it wasn't.

Are the White Sox beatable? Sure, any team is. I wouldn't want to face their starting lineup though if I were an opposing team. The White Sox are 12-2 when they start their whole starting lineup.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

Well to be fair, I took some frustration out on you. I've just been hearing a lot of people doubting the Tigers, saying they're a fluke. It's just gotten to the point, that I'm sick of the doubters. So I say, fck em.

I'm not saying that White Sox aren't a great team. They are. (I mean come on, they were the world series champions last season, and they only got better over the offseason.) What I will say though, is that I think the Tigers and White Sox are good enough to be fighting a close race all season for that #1 spot in the AL Central. With the 2nd place team getting the WC, which will probably be the White Sox.

MLB ERA
    Well to be fair, I took some frustration out on you. I've just been hearing a lot of people doubting the Tigers, saying they're a fluke. It's just gotten to the point, that I'm sick of the doubters. So I say, fck em.

I'm not saying that White Sox aren't a great team. They are. (I mean come on, they were the world series champions last season, and they only got better over the offseason.) What I will say though, is that I think the Tigers and White Sox are good enough to be fighting a close race all season for that #1 spot in the AL Central. With the 2nd place team getting the WC, which will probably be the White Sox.
    For the most part, I agree with what you said here. Your prognostication skills need some work though.

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)

We'll see, won't we? Season is still young. I just hope we can take a game at a time, and keep winning. Even though I have been keeping an eye on the White Sox each day.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Tigers-Indians-White Sox Trio should be a good thing to watch this season. This could come down to the last couple of games.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    the Tigers are still ahead even after White Sox just swept my A's...I'd love to see the Tigers take the division and leave the Sox in the cold...or that the Wild Card come out of the central and leave the Yanks or Red Sox in the cold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast