Really it was a great game. Watched all nine innings w/ me at the edge of the seat mostly all game. Two great teams who pitched well, played defense well, if it wasn't for Shelton, I say it would've went into extra innings.

Now for the sum up. Shelton had a great game! Once again. Now leads ML with 8 HRs. He's really breaking out this season. Granderson had a pretty good game, even getting a SB. Which I've really come to like Granderson being on the bases.

Defense was outstanding. Some very nice OF catches by Thames and Ordonez. While the DPs were great.

Now for the pitching. Freaking phenomenal. If Maroth would pitch like this every game, I'd love it. His control at times got a little wild, but overall he really pitched well today getting 5 Ks and allowing no runs. Then we had Zumaya come in and who was right on the money, and one of his pitches actually was 99 MPH. Which got the crowd going. Then we had Rodney, who before this season, I questioned him. I didn't think he could handle the closer spot. But with Jones out right now, Rodney really filled in nicely. I see Rodney as our future closer after Jones retires, what not.

Overall a great game. Cleveland played well, Detroit played well. These are the type of games that are just exciting.