Thread: General Tiger thoughts

General Tiger thoughts

I've been impressed with Zumaya coming out of the Reliever spot. He got his second hold last night, and he's been looking great.

Maroth could've done a lot better last night, maybe, strike a person out? But nonetheless, we got the win! and that's what matters.

As for Rodney, he's taken over the closer role as of now while Jones sits on the DL. Well, what can I say, I've been pleasantly surprised. Rodney has done a great job and already has his 2nd save.

As for Chris Shelton, this thread wouldn't be the same if I didn't bring up the ML HR leader as of right now. 5 HRs in 4 games. He's just not a power hitter, but is also hitting around .700 right now. (Going off of memory, so not exactly sure). This kid is really coming out of his shell this season. I knew he's always had it in him, but hopefully he just brings his A game consistently game after game. Or atleast, Leyland gives him a break, because at this pace, Shelton is going to tire himself out.

I've been quite dissappointed with Ordonez and Young. Ordonez has picked it up some, but Young. He's just been blah. Once one of our best players, he's become one of our worst in the lineup. He's gotten old and I wouldn't be surprised if Dombrowski trades him the first chance he gets. Unless Young starts picking it up some more.

Anyways, 4-0 thus far, and tonight is the night, that Verlander is going to show what he has. Of course, stupid ass FSN Detroit isn't showing the game, but hey, I'll be following it on, the Yahoo! Game Channel. Yippeee.

Keep it up Tigers, I knew you had it in you.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really want to believe in Nate Robertson, but his two shutout outings have been against Seattle and Minnesota, two of the worst offences out there ... so I dunno.

Yah I question the whole thing too. I just don't believe in this guy pitching well for the rest of the season like he is. He's never been this good of a pitcher, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went back to his old ways as soon as he started facing some good offensive teams.

Tigers leading the WC race, and is a game behind the White Sox. Nice way to start off May.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Detroit 4, Kansas City 1

Once again Mike Maroth continues to impress and he improves to 4-1 this season. He boasts a 1.78 ERA so far this Season. They could have a good 7-8-9 Trio in Zumaya, Rodney, Jones. Can they continue to impress this season and make some noise is remained to be seen.

MVP: Maroth- 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 Ks
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)