• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• A long time comin'

A long time comin'
        ghettochild
        02/05/07

The Colts won the Super Bowl.

Tony Dungy becomes the first black...ahem, excuse me African-American coach to win the big game.

The talks of Peyton being perhaps the greatest QB are now in full gear since he has fulfilled his conquest in winning the game.

But thats not why I'm happy.

Not Hardly...

Finally, after five months in exile, the game we all love, which makes us post on these lovely message boards, comes back for another exciting 2007 season.

In less than ten days, pitchers and catchers will report to Spring Training. A few days after that, the rest of the players.

Practices will be held, interteam games will be played, and scrimmages will be completed.

And then we get to Opening Day.

Opening Day once meant something to Cincinnati fans. The city would shut down, parades were held all up and down downtown Cincinnati. Where every game was held at home until 1990 when the Reds played the Astros on the road. Later on that year, as no true Redleg should forget, they went on and became wire-to-wire World Series Champions.

Regardless of how good or bad the Reds are, my Grandma makes it a point to go to each and every opening day, as long as I can remember. She's 65 and when she's at the ballpark she's 13 again, she always tells me. Inside the Reds Hall of Fame, there is a big panoramic shot of old Crosley and she can pick out the exact seat she sat at every game she went to when she was a youngin. Impressive.

I have yet to experience an Opening Day for myself. I do want to goto this years Rangers home opener against the Red Sox. I missed out on the opportunity to goto a Rangers game last season, I'll make sure to goto a couple this season.

I encourage all of you to embrace this baseball season. It is our sport, that we love. It brings us to these very forums to talk about with men and women alike.

So wear your teams apparel, talk your teams miseries, and watch the lovely game of baseball. 'Cause its coming soon, folks. And I, for one, am ready to see some games.

Lets make the 2007 season here at S3F the best yet. Tell your friends, the guy you talk baseball with at the bar, or your fellow fans at the game. We talk baseball here, and we always will.
        This article was originally published in forum thread: A long time comin' started by ghettochild View original post