• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• Strike 3 Forums is back!!!

First I'd like to say how sorry I am over the downtime that we've experienced lately. This should ALL be taken care of now (hopefully). It was a really bad situation that was magnified by bad timing and the need for different hosting options. Rather than go into all of the gorey details, I'd rather just say that we should have eliminated the possibility of this happening again.

Just for anyone wondering how much we lost, I'll tell you. We lost about 3 weeks of data on S3F. Due to the length of time that we were down to now, we've decided it was an acceptable amount of loss without being detremental to the site itself. Luckily we are in the offseason for baseball.

As for some good news? Well, we have upgraded to the latest version of vbulletin. From an administrative standpoint, there will be some more checks and balances in place to hopefully prevent data loss as well as preventing this sort of downtime ever again.

Other news of note: Missionhockey21 has been a fanastic admin on this site. He was in no way responsible for what happened. He has been in the same boat as the rest of you for much of this downtime in that he wasn't able to do much in the way of speeding up this process. As soon as we got the sites back online and the upgrade taken care of, Mission is back to being "the man". Please support him as you always have.

Mission: I can't thank you enough for all of your patience through this incident. I know it's been unbelievably frustrating not being able to do much. Thankfully we didn't lose much, other than time and inevitibly some posters. I'm confident that our community is strong enough to come through this and I'm confident (as always) in your skills to make this forum better than ever. Again, thank you for everything.

For the rest of you, thank you for your patience. From the admin team, supermods, and modersators on down to the posters that have all made this community what it is..... Thank you for sticking by with us. Thanks for those that found their way to my little temp site that became a LOT more permanent than I ever wanted it to be. S3F will move forward and become bigger and better than ever.
        This article was originally published in forum thread: Strike 3 Forums is back!!! started by Lynch View original post