• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny

April 1st 2005 is when we began and five years later we're still around to laugh about and discuss the game we love.

We've had jokes played on us, cursed team after team with predictions and banners, grabbed the popcorn for rants and arguments, felt panicky when Reds fans swarmed the forums like locusts, banned spammer after spammer, and have experienced more drama than when a certain member saw when he was forced to watch Twilight after losing a bet (to me, suckah.)

Members have come, others have gone, but DirtyKash has remained and that is really what matters, right? We've tried some things and some have worked (Che Stairs, we love you man) and other things which tanked (enjoy all 6.3 B/S podcast episodes folks.) The game has changed too, not only with who is hot but with how GM's value talent. When this forum started, we saw plenty of mediocre backend rotation starters receiving $30 - $40 million to have an ERA float around the 5.00 mark. That contract is a dying breed (you the man Eric Milton.)

But as much as things have changed, you are still stuck with Baseball / Slant and Bud Selig. And sadly, for you, you are B/S. Whatever nasty thing is said about us is said about you, because we don't exist or even matter without our awesome members.

So deal with it.
        (PS, someone said B/S looked totally stupid in that hat.)
        This article was originally published in forum thread: Baseball / Slant : Five years of curses, quips, and Manny Being Manny started by missionhockey21 View original post
        Comments 12 Comments
          missionhockey21 -
          Five years and another freaking upgrade.
          DirtyKash -
          The new look is sexxxy!
          Rockiesfan_H -
          Happy 5th year, guys!
          Witlon -
          I've been here for FIVE years? *sigh*

Happy year 5, boys and girls. Hopefully they're another 50 more.
          missionhockey21 -
          I know, its hard to believe its been this long. I just wonder if we put in our 30 years, will we get our early retirement? (And then B/S will have a massive collapse like GM.)
          Kingdom -
          Didn't you know the S3F/BS is a descendant of the MacLeods? That means we live forever.
          missionhockey21 -
          And like Highlander, there can only be one Che Stairs.
          Kingdom -
          Cue Queen music.
          Providence A's -
          Retire? We will all be working until the day we die my friends.
          Foster -
          Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
          Retire? We will all be working until the day we die my friends.
          He jokes, but isn't kidding.
          mntwinsfan -
          Yeah 5 years is really good. Most sites dont last this long. I still like the first site that we had. But this one is better than the last.
          Iceman778 -
          Many here bring the comedy side to a baseball game and it makes watching that much more enjoyable.