• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• Latest B/S Blogs

• Humor

by Published on 04-12-2008 11:51 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Humor

If you're lost, refer back to the intro and round 1 action here: The Beginning of Madness

Rob Deere Region

1 Detroit vs. 4 Atlanta
      Kenny Lofton gets the game 1 start in left after Jacque Jones was the only Tiger without a hit in the first round. He opens up with a triple off Smoltz, when Smoltz soft tosses it over the middle of the plate. Renteria knocks him in, Detroit gains an early lead. Verlander goes on to whiff the Braves left and right, but Smoltz holds his own. Chipper ties it up on a solo shot in the 8th, but Detroit counters in the bottom off Moylan with a swift assault. Sheffield and Cabrera hit moon shots and Zumaya shuts the door. Reports ...
      by Published on 04-09-2008 11:50 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Humor

Why Saber Watches The Game-The American League

Even a cold-hearted bastard like me has a soft-spot for watching any team try to compete at such a high level. But why watch a team that isn’t your favorite, or even in the same league? Well, that’s easy…

AL East

by Published on 04-09-2008 11:49 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Humor

You wonder how it's possible for a concept, a game, an accepted part of geekdom and fan crazed mania could be a living entity. Perhaps it's just absurd that names and numbers could breathe, but yet somehow it does.
      Fantasy sports will be forever defined by most women as that thing that the men do that
      by Published on 03-27-2008 11:51 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Humor

Mad World

If you could, start by imagining Bud Selig falling all the way off his rocker one day and decides that there will no longer be a 162 game season. Instead, all 30 teams will be in a tournament played on neutral sites to determine the best of the best. That means every team plays, even the dregs of the world like Baltimore and Florida. Since it's an odd number for a tournament, the top two seeds will be given first round byes. To make it fair, the reigning World Series representatives will get the top seeds. That's Boston and Colorado for those who live in a closet, or downtown New York. Like a college tournament, teams will be broken up into four regions or brackets and play in neutral sites that really hold no homefield advantage for anyone. Yes, we're bringing baseball back to Montreal. And because college ball is King in Omaha, we're invading that city too.

Now your first question might be, could be, and even if it's not, I'm pretending it's the first and answering it. Even if they're the top of the class, isn't it unfair for teams to have a bye, especially if a series goes to 5? Certainly. It's a good question to bring up and we have decided that in the spare time for Boston and Colorado, they will play Asia's finest. No, not singular teams, but Japan and Chinese allstars in scrimmage like games. They owned in the Baseball Classic, let's just assume they offer up the same competition. Yes, injuries can happen and that's too bad if they do, but let's be honest, injuries could happen in any baseball game. Your next question might be how the seedings happened ...
      by Published on 03-15-2008 11:46 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Analysis,
      4. Humor

My name is Lex Luthor and I play for Milwaukee.
      Here's various headlines I'm seeing recently for baseball:
      -Yankees and Rays are fighting in spring training
      -Yankees signed Billy Crystal for an at bat
      -Some guy is selling Bonds' 762nd homerun
      -Jimmy Rollins and the Mets are bickering again
      -A handful of players are mad cause they're not making 20 million and are forced to settle for 400-500 thousand

Don't care, don't care, really don't care, yawn, and really what's new?

What I did read that was interesting and worth noting is that the New York Yankees (in a perfect world, we'd hear about the yankees as much as the nationals) ...
      Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast