• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• Opening Day 2011 - A Reds Fan Perspective

Its nearly April, and in Ohio we are enjoying temperatures right around 30 degrees today. The Reds have had the NL MVP start very slow in the spring, and the once deep pitching well is looking pretty thin after several injuries. Plus, yours truly is lacking Opening Day tickets. In year's past, I was usually able to snag tickets when they were released due to sheer determination however that is no longer possible due to the Opening Day ticket lottery, which no matter how many entries myself or friends have in, we don't win. Pro-tip Reds, you are killing the experience for super fans. I know I could purchase a ticket pack, but I said was a super fan, not a super rich fan.

With all that wrong, there is lot going right with my Opening Day. I have continued the no school/no work tradition and slept in quite late. Late but not too late to pick up some fresh deli bratwursts. And its cold, but not enough to dissuade me from selecting a summer beer. More important than anything though is that my team, for the first time in nearly a decade, is coming off a winning season.... and one which we made it to the postseason, but lets not talk about that.

Cold and injury ridden, the Reds are hopeful as always. With success in 2010 though, they are more than hopeful, they are confident, and that is something that the fans catch. I am ready to go to my first game of the season this Saturday, and win or lose, I can't wait to watch my team this season. I'd love to write more, but the Votto MVP ceremony is coming on now and I still can't believe that a Reds player is winning that award.

Enjoy your team's Opening Day and Play Ball!
        This article was originally published in forum thread: Opening Day 2011 - A Reds Fan Perspective started by missionhockey21 View original post