• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• *Four no hitters in 2010, are we stopping there?

Ubaldo. Dallas Braden. Roy Halladay. The Immortal Edwin Jackson. We know the names, even though many still can't believe Dallas Braden threw a perfect game, and Edwin Jackson...Edwin Jackson! threw a no hitter when he needed 149 pitches and 79 were balls. Now, one can debate that this is the year of the pitcher. But realistically, only two of those guys mentioned above are going to be all-stars, and only those same two can be counted on consistently to toss gems. You know which two. But it doesn't take anything away from what Braden or Jackson accomplished. No matter how ugly Jackson's outing was, or no matter that Braden really hasn't won since his perfect performance.

These kind of things involve a lot of luck. Or unluck. I want to dig back into Armando Galarraga's should have been perfect game for a second, it was completely unlucky of circumstances that ruined his bid. But, he also had a lot of luck, namely Austin Jackson's ridiculous full out diving catch. Look back at Jackson's no hitter. 8 walks! Ian Kennedy just walked 9 and got lit up. Jackson walked 8 and no one scored! And Mark Reynolds had a highlight reel of stops at third, by himself, to help preserve the no hitter. Point is, there's been some good pitching this year. There's also been a lot of luck. You need it to go with the talent.

So with that, it's almost July, we have half a season practically, we've damn near seen 5 no hitters and we damn near saw a double no hitter in the same game. Are we done? To predict who will be the next pitcher to toss one will be nearly impossible, we've seen a wide spectrum of pitching talent accomplish the feat this season. So let's stick with the very idea. Will there be at least another no hitter this season? Multiple? No more? Minor league accomplishments do not count.
        This article was originally published in forum thread: *Four no hitters in 2010, are we stopping there? started by Kingdom_of_Zito View original post
        Comments 27 Comments
          Foster -
          The best part is I have a hat for both teams. I can go both ways with this.
          And based on hat choice, It's gonna have to be one of these two teams and Minny.
          General -
          Can? I thought you always went both ways.
          Kingdom -
          His mom goes both ways.
          Foster -
          I brought this on myself.
          Kingdom -
          Errrrrv Santana baby.
          vinicior -
          Baseball filming must be now accompanied with new technology so that it becomes easy to film it. Don't worry guys this year pitching will be good. Game will go good as players are doing good and you are stressing on it. Pitching problem will soon be solved.
          hatreserve -
          im pretty sure there were alot of close no hitters this past season, but cant seem to think of them right away :P