Miceli could create a roster opening for right-handed pitcher Sun-Woo Kim, claimed off waivers by the Rockies from Washington.

Hurdle said Kim will start the first game of the makeup doubleheader Monday against Florida at Coors Field, with Byung-Hyun Kim starting Game 2. It will be the first time a team has started two Koreans in a doubleheader.

For Byung-Hyun Kim, it will be another start. For Sun-Woo Kim, it will be an audition.

"If he is going to stay in the big leagues there is a need for him to show a little something," Hurdle said.

The Rockies initially thought about bringing up Jason Young from Class AAA Colorado Springs to make one start and send him back down, but when they were awarded Kim on waivers from the Nationals, they decided not to disrupt Young's season and give Sun-Woo Kim a look.

Sun-Woo Kim has a live fastball but has been inconsistent. He began the season at Class AAA New Orleans and was 4-2 with a 2.76 earned-run average in nine starts, but he was 1-2 with a 6.14 ERA in 12 appearances, including two starts, for Washington.

If the Rockies decide he doesn't fit, they could put him on waivers. If he is claimed, they would get their $20,000 waiver fee back. If he is unclaimed, they could assign him to Colorado Springs.

Well that could work well. I'd like to see if he just needs a little more time. I kinda wish Jason Young would get another shot. I like him.