Thread: Rockies make history in Coors

Rookie ERA

Rockies make history in Coors

DENVER -- 1-0. It's the simplest of baseball scores, yet in the first 846 regular season games in Coors Field's 11-year history that score had never been posted -- until Saturday.

The Rockies won a thriller over the Padres, backed by a strong effort from starter Jason Jennings, in front of 30,228. It was the second 1-0 score in Colorado's 13-year franchise history, with the first coming back in 1994 at Mile High Stadium, but that game only went six innings.
    Source

Pretty amazing that this is the first time there has only been one run scored at Coors. The run came off an RBI double by Luis Gonzalez that scored Aaron Miles. It was a decent outing by Jennings, he went 7 innings, gave up 7 hits, and struck out 1.

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    To be honest, I was never aware of this streak. That's pretty darn amazing that a one-zip game had never occured at Coors before last night. I know it's Coors and all, but wow, you would of had to figure a night like that would of happened even a few nights despite it being so friendly to the bats.

I am surprised, but not really. lol

AA ERA
    Quite amazing. Rockies have had some solid pitching preformances at Coors this year, just can't do it consistently.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    Even the best pitchers would be inconsistent at Coors, it's just the laws of science that would cause it to happen.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Philly Fanatic
    Even the best pitchers would be inconsistent at Coors, it's just the laws of science that would cause it to happen.
    I don't think the laws of science make pitchers be inconsistent in Coors. If anything it's sucky pitchers and guys get the whole Coors effect in their head.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

I was astounded to hear that it took this long. Granted, 1-0 games are uncommon as it is, but for that long (has to be around 900 games or so), wow. *looks up*. 846, well, I was close. Still pretty crazy.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.