Thread: Duhhh

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

News Duhhh

Per ESPN:

Holliday deal unlikely
    Matt Holliday | Rockies
    According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Colorado Rockies could anoint Matt Holliday as this year's Mark Teixeira and deal him before the trade deadline in July. However, Holliday is a Scott Boras client and the chances of him staying with the organization that trades for him beyond 2009 are slim, as he will likely test the market once he becomes a free agent.

If the Rockies were to wait until the offseason to trade Holliday, they wouldn't get nearly as much value for him as they would if they dealt him during the season. Even still, the Rockies have not yet given up on this season and they simply "like the player too much" to trade him right now, according to one official from an interested team.
    The thought of this possibility is just baffling to me. Being an outsider looking in, I perceive Holliday as one of the premier young baseball players in the game. At the age of 28, he would still seem to have a solid 5-7 years of quality batting production ahead of him. Not to mention the fact that he plays the game hard seemingly every time I have seen him. Last year he even seemed to fix the one part of his game that might have been lacking, his defense. I know that ESPN doesn't always get rumors right, but why would anyone in the Rockies organization think of trading Holliday? In fact, as a Rockies fan (if you had to trade Holliday), who would you trade Holliday to and for and what exactly would you be looking for in return to help cure your team?

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Re: Duhhh

I wouldn't trade him. Period.

We need starting pitching pretty badly though, so maybe if someone offered two good SPs?

I didn't think so either.