Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holliday Could Be Leaving

MLB ERA

Holliday Could Be Leaving

It was assumed during the season that Garrett Atkins would be used as a trading chip this winter. That thinking changed at season's end. General manager Dan O'Dowd put the word out at the GM meetings in November that Atkins was not available. The primary reason? Unless the Rockies find a way to bridge the financial gap with Matt Holliday, he could be moved after next season. So the Rockies don't want to lose their top two right-handed bats in consecutive seasons. In an ideal world, Holliday and Atkins get paid and stay long term. -- Denver Post
    Bad news for the Rockies but I think that is great news for a number of teams including the Yankees. Damon is a pos and we are going to be looking for a LF. We could put Melky in CF and aquire Holliday and put him in LF. Holliday has got a great bat, he batted .340 last year with 36 home runs and 137 RBI's. Compared to Damon who batted .270 with 12 home runs and only 63 RBI's. But yes I know Damon is lead off so his numbers won't be as high but his average should be up. I think Holliday would be a good fit..
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Holliday Could Be Leaving

There is a 0.00% chance the Yankees get Matt Holliday.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Especially if its for Johnny Damon. The Yankees would have to give up some of that good starting pitching like Hughes or Chamberlain to get a guy like Holliday. The Rockies just gave Aaron Cook $30 mil for 3 years. They can afford to keep Holliday if they want to. Helton's contract is dwindling and they can trade guys like Hawpe and Atkins in the future. I cannot see the Rockies getting rid of their new Helton.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"The Rockies just gave Aaron Cook $30 mil for 3 years."

good god almighty really?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sad but true! He made $3 mil last season.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

why is it every time a good player is supposedly on the trade block the Yankees always need them? Damn it go sign your own players on your own!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Especially if its for Johnny Damon. The Yankees would have to give up some of that good starting pitching like Hughes or Chamberlain to get a guy like Holliday.
    The Denver Post article doesn't mention anywhere a trade of Holliday for Damon, although the mere presence of the name Johnny Damon in a BuckFoston rambling might have given you that idea.

MLB ERA

I wasn't saying that they Yankees were going to trade Damon for Holliday I was just saying I think he would be a good fit.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    why is it every time a good player is supposedly on the trade block the Yankees always need them? Damn it go sign your own players on your own!
    Are you serious? Just because the Yankees have the money to go sign players doesn't mean you should sit here and critize them. And Just because your owner Carl Pohlad doesn't try to do something with that organzation unlike Steinbrenner who tries to get the organaztion to win ball games doesn't mean that the Yankees "sign everyone elses players". Maybe he has much not been such a vocal point these past couple years but he still is always in the mix of things.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    I wasn't saying that they Yankees were going to trade Damon for Holliday I was just saying I think he would be a good fit.
    Damon in any OF is not a good fit.

MLB ERA

My point exactly...

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Especially if its for Johnny Damon. The Yankees would have to give up some of that good starting pitching like Hughes or Chamberlain to get a guy like Holliday.
    Don't mention Hughes, Chamberlain, or Melky Cabrera. You're scaring the Yankee fans away!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankee fans should be scared. Santana talks have started again

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Are you serious? Just because the Yankees have the money to go sign players doesn't mean you should sit here and critize them. And Just because your owner Carl Pohlad doesn't try to do something with that organzation unlike Steinbrenner who tries to get the organaztion to win ball games doesn't mean that the Yankees "sign everyone elses players". Maybe he has much not been such a vocal point these past couple years but he still is always in the mix of things.
    Lets see your Yankees have signed how many players that are from other teams?!! 90% of the players are from other teams. Now your getting close on Santana. So there will soon to be another player not in your organization that's not a yankee.

Please lets not bring up Polad, he is the worst owner in pro sports history! HE WONT spend his billions of dollars to make his team better. He rather would let the players go and get NOTHING for them. If he did not run the club as a business and ran it as an owner that wants to win we would be the Twins club that would win an win alot.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post

Lets see your Yankees have signed how many players that are from other teams?!! 90% of the players are from other teams. Now your getting close on Santana. So there will soon to be another player not in your organization that's not a yankee.
    Ok, lets go through the Yankees starting line-up.

C) Jorge Posada- Drafted by the Yankees in 1990.
    1B)TBA but we'll still look at the options, Doug Mientkiewicz-Yankees signed him as a FA last season./Andy Phillips-Drafted by the Yankees in '99./Wilson Betemit-Aquired via trade in '07.
    2B) Robinson Cano-Was signed in '01 as an amateur free agent.
    SS) Derek Jeter-Yankees drafted him in 1992.
    3B) A-rod-Traded to the Yankees in '04.
    LF) Melky Cabrera-Signed as an amateur free agent in '01. /Hideki Matsui-Signed as free agent in '02.
    CF) Melky Cabrera-Signed as an amateur free agent in '01./Johnny Damon-Signed as free agent in '06.
    RF) Bobby Abreu-Aquired via trade in '06.
    DH) Jason Giambi-Signed with the Yankees in '01./Andy Phillips-Drafted by the Yankees in '99.

Pitching Rotation (possible for next year)

1. Chien Ming Wang- Signed by the Yankees as an amateur free agent in 2000.
    2. Phil Hughes-Drafted by the Yankees in '04.
    3. Joba Chamberlain- Drafted in '06 by the Yankees.
    4. Andy Pettitte- Drafted by the Yankees in '90 but did not sign till '91.
    5. Mike Mussina- (fa right now but this is assuming we re-sign him) Signed as a Free Agent with the Yankees in '00.

CL: Mariano Rivera- Signed as amateur free agent in 1990.

90% of the Yankee players are from other teams?

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast