Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Got tickets!

Wow.

Subject: Rockies Ticket Purchase Confirmation
    Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your purchase of Rockies Tickets. For future reference, your
    order confirmation number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. A summary of your
    order follows. Enjoy your visit to Coors Field.
    If you selected Will Call pickup at Coors Field, please plan on arriving at least
    an hour before the scheduled game time to avoid the last minute rush!
    If you purchased Season Tickets or a Diamond Series Mini-Plan, a representative will call you to select your seat location.

World Series Game 3
    27 OCT 2007 at TBA
    Coors Field
    I tried to post this at the Rockies.com message board because so many people are hacked off that they think no "real" fans got tickets, only scalpers.

My wife and I pounded the website (she at work and I at home) yesterday and today. Finally, at about 2:25 today she calls and says "I think I'm in". I told her that I have been reading forums that many people got in but were booted at the shopping cart stage and to not get her hopes up.

She enters in for 4 tix to Sundays game. No success, in any section. Enters 3 for Sunday, again no dice. We want a minimum of 3. So she tries Sat for 4 tix. No luck. Tries Sat. for 3 tix. Get seats in section 308. GREAT! Then, she tries her existing MLB.com login and password and it wouldn't let her in. She tries my login (the one I am using now-so obviously it works), and it also doesn't work. There was only about 30 seconds left before the time ran out so we made the decision to let them go for fear of being booted out of the system. She tried again for seats in that section and got three in section 303. This time we created another account on the spot. Bingo, we were able to get through and got our confirmation #.

So, something was going on with our previously created logins and passwords. Creating a new one allowed us to complete the purchase. The Rockies need to seriously look at ditching this company to do their tickets in the future. Or change to a lottery type system.

I feel for you Rockies fans that didn't get tickets because I thought we were going to be right there with you. Rest assured though that these tickets ended up in Rockies fan's hands (even though we are up in Wyoming-I was born and raised in Longmont) and we will be cheering the team on. I was there at the 1st game at Mile High (about 10 rows up from where E.Y.’s leadoff homer landed), and will be there Sat. night.

Go Rockies!

MLB ERA

Re: Got tickets!

wow congrats. Be sure to bring a coat to the game and be prepared for snow.

MLB ERA

I'm so ****ing jealous.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: Got tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak View Post
    wow congrats. Be sure to bring a coat to the game and be prepared for snow.
    So far, the weather looks ok for the weekend. Not scared of cold and snow after going to Broncos games, but it might make baseball difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    I'm so ****ing jealous.
    LOL, so is my buddy who was also trying desperately to get tickets. After we got ours squared away, we tried to buy him some but in that 10 minutes they got sold out. Amazing.
    Still, he might get to go anyway. I bought the tickets mainly as a birthday present for my dad...AND HE HAS TO WORK!

He is usually off, but is taking a trip and traded a day with a co-worker and I didn't know about it. Damn!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Have fun man! I went to the final NLCS game at it was amazing. Forked out $220 at the last minute to go and had seats above the mile high purples. But we ended up standing behind home plate and charging to the front row after they had won it. What a night! The WS will be even better. I love it when Tulo comes to bat, the crowd goes nuts!

dunt....dunt.....dunt dunt dunt......dunt dunt....dunt dunt....TULO!!!!!!! dunt dunt
    dunt....dunt.....dunt dunt dunt......dunt dunt....dunt dunt....TULO!!!!!!! dunt dunt

Have a blast man!

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Have fun man! I went to the final NLCS game at it was amazing. Forked out $220 at the last minute to go and had seats above the mile high purples. But we ended up standing behind home plate and charging to the front row after they had won it. What a night! The WS will be even better. I love it when Tulo comes to bat, the crowd goes nuts!

Have a blast man!
    Thanks man, looking forward to it. It's been about 3-4 years since I've been to Coors, so I'm looking forward to walking around before the game and soaking it up around the stadium. I'll take pics.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Definitely go to Lodos and all that. Many sports bars right outside the stadium. Even if you are not old enough for the bars, its a flat out party outside. I might be down there partying as well this weekend.

Legitimate Means: Lost the lottery to get a shot at Sox playoff tickets
    Stubhub: 599 each at the cheapest.

Yeah, I'm not going
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I want to go but can't get on planes in my state or least don't want to. Have a blast as I know you will!! Go Rox, not Sox!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Got tickets!

Enjoy your experience and root like h*** for your team.

It is truly an experience that you will treasure and remember for your entire lifetime.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

As promissed, pictures:
    Before the game. Pretty dissapointed in the hazy sky so you couldn't see the mountains:

View from our seats:

Pre game:

Looking toward the diamond at night:

So, I wish the result would've been better but it was fun when the Rockies closed to within a run. The place was going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Definitely go to Lodos and all that. Many sports bars right outside the stadium. Even if you are not old enough for the bars, its a flat out party outside. I might be down there partying as well this weekend.
    Oh man! If my wife wasn't with me I would've snapped pics of the costumes some of the women wear wearing at a bar in LoDo. Holy hell! Catholic Schoolgirls, nurses, vampires, cheerleaders... All pretty skimpy as well.

MLB ERA

Nice picutres

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Ah, memories.

Damn that was a good time.