Thread: Congrats to the Rockies

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Congrats to the Rockies

Congrats to the Rockies on sweeping the Diamondbacks and winning their first ever NL Pennant!

Now only if we had some Rocky fans over here.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: Congrats to the Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by Pronk48 View Post
    Congrats to the Rockies on sweeping the Diamondbacks and winning their first ever NL Pennant!

Now only if we had some Rocky fans over here.

Well, I'm trying to spend more time here instead of the football board in my limited online time.
    Luckily, there isn't much to talk about with the Broncos so I've been able to post more here.
    Plus, a lack of drama over there frees up my time as well.

Anyway, this is just an awesome experience. I was listening to the post game on the way home from work and they said "Game One of the World Series between the Colorado Rockies and the AL winner on OCt. 24th". I got goosebumps. I didn't think I'd ever hear that sentence.

Wow.

MLB ERA

Re: Congrats to the Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    Plus, a lack of drama over there frees up my time as well.
    I guess I've been slacking as of late.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Congrats on the greatest run I have ever seen and I hope Rocktober doesn't end anytime soon.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: Congrats to the Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I guess I've been slacking as of late.

That's ok, I'm thinking I'll just ignore it or hit the ban button without thinking twice.

I KEED, I KEED.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Congrats on the greatest run I have ever seen and I hope Rocktober doesn't end anytime soon.
    Same here, and I still don't believe this has happened. It has seemed so fast. This was exactly what I needed to help with the Broncos Blues I've had for the past couple of games.

Man, what a ride!

Padre Legend
    Rookie ERA

Congrats

MLB ERA

Congrats!!! Man I will admit you guys are really awesome. I was hoping that Melvin was going to get the manager of the year award, but I think Clint Hurdle deserves it more. He really turned the team around. Good luck in the World Series. Who know maybe you guys can become the first team to go 11-0 in playoffs.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Congrats to the Rockies. They are playing awesome right now.

Diamondbacks' fans you have nothing to be ashamed of, you should be proud of your team.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Congrats to the Rockies. They are playing awesome right now.

Diamondbacks' fans you have nothing to be ashamed of, you should be proud of your team.
    I am proud of them anyway...

Back on topic afterwall it is all about the Rockies

So Matt Holliday (I know have his 2007 baseball card) won the 2007 NLCS MVP. Can we all say MVP times 2? Hope/he better win the MVP award Who knows maybe he will win the award again the World Series. Here is alos something to look at Rockies you get what like eight days rest. See you guys next year. I am hoping for a rematch of this series come openind day 2008 at Coors field.

EDIT Just remember Rockies(I know I keep saying this but it is true) if it were not for the Brewers in beating the Padres you guys would not be here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

If I was you I would be proud of them, just as I am of the Brewers.

The Rockies are who I am rooting for in the World Series because they are representing the National League. And since the wife and I went on vacation to Denver/Estes Park, Co in 2006, we got a chance to see a game at Coors Field. I love that ball park.

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak View Post
    I am proud of them anyway...

Back on topic afterwall it is all about the Rockies

So Matt Holliday (I know have his 2007 baseball card) won the 2007 NLCS MVP. Can we all say MVP times 2? Hope/he better win the MVP award Who knows maybe he will win the award again the World Series. Here is alos something to look at Rockies you get what like eight days rest. See you guys next year. I am hoping for a rematch of this series come openind day 2008 at Coors field.

EDIT Just remember Rockies(I know I keep saying this but it is true) if it were not for the Brewers in beating the Padres you guys would not be here.
    No ****ing shit. Now shut up and sit the **** down. If ...if....if... if....if....if That's one of the most idiotic statements one could make. If Matt Holliday was actually born as a girl, the Rockies wouldn't have made the playoffs either. Keep playing the if game while you are rooting for a team other than your own.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

dude, uummm, you are not going to make many friends in here by bashing other members. 777rak is being a good sport here and Congradulating the team that just knocked out his favorite team. ANd he is looking forward to next year's opening series agianst the Rockies in Coors Field.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    dude, uummm, you are not going to make many friends in here by bashing other members. 777rak is being a good sport here and Congradulating the team that just knocked out his favorite team. ANd he is looking forward to next year's opening series agianst the Rockies in Coors Field.
    I agree with Bowzer. 'Rak is insinuating that the Rockies only made it because of the Brewers, when in fact the Rockies also went on a serious run to end the season and they also beat the Padres in a wild card one-game playoff when they had to (albeit despite a blown call at home plate). So the Rockies did what they had to do and it has nothing to do with the Brewers beating the Padres.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Nah, Rak is fine, he congratulated the Rockies plenty as a division rival.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.