Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I admit...

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies I admit...

I was worried by Hurdle changing the line-ups yesterday.

"How can he change it when we've been on such a roll? If it's not broke, don't fix it!"

But, Taveras played well and it's nice to get his speed in the game. Though he might be nice to have come off the bench in late innings.

Still, up 1-0 after beating yet another #1 starter!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: I admit...

I guess Brandon Webb is human, after all.

The Rockies will win the World Series. They are just steamrolling teams left and right. They are the best team in the Bigs.

MLB ERA

Your kidding right? There is no way in hell they could beat Boston or Cleveland.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

That right there is my pet peeve when people say that. Of course I know its your opinion I don't need to know that. This is a message board where people post their opinon and back up their opinion and thats what I want you to do right now. So please explain to me how the Rockies could possibly beat the Indians or the Sox?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Rockies won 18 of 19. They are on FIRE.......... Do i need to explain. Not even the layoff slowed them down, and beat one of the best pitchers in the MLB, in Brandon Webb. Let's see what you think. Or do you hate the Rockies because of mntwinsfan....

MLB ERA

What I think? Okay, lets look at the pitching match ups for one/

Rockies game 1 probable, Jeff Francis 4.22 ERA 17-9.
    Red sox game 1 probable, Josh Beckett, 3.27 ERA 20-7.
    Indians game 1 probable, C.C. Sabathia 3.21 ERA 19-7. Both of those players right there are in contention for the AL CY Young and Francis has no talk of a CY award. And I don't really need to say much about Beckett in the post season.

Rockies game 2 probable,Ubaldo Jimenez, 4.28 ERA 4-4.
    Red sox game 2 probable,Curt Schilling, 3.87 ERA 9-8.
    Indians game 2 probable,Fausto Carmona, 3.06 ERA 19-8. Looks like the Rockies have the advantage here too.

Rockies game 3 probable,Josh Fogg, 4.94 ERA 10-9.
    Red sox game 3 starter, Daisuke Matsuzaka, 4.40 ERA 15-12.
    Indians game 3 starter,Jake Westbrook, 4.32 ERA 6-9.

Rockies game 4 probable,Franklin Morales, 3.43 ERA 3-2.
    Red sox game 4 probable,Tim Wakefield, 4.76 ERA 17-12.
    Indians game 4 probable,Paul Byrd, 4.59 ERA 15-8.

Now I know that regular season stats have nothing to do with the post season now because we've already been shown that it doesn't but if you would choose the Rockies rotation over the Indians or the Sox rotation your an idiot.

The Rockies offense can not even step to either of these teams offense. Top to bottom the Indians and Sox line up out does theirs in a heart beat. Do you honestly think the Rockies can beat either of these teams?

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Or do you hate the Rockies because of mntwinsfan....
    Don't you mean corockiesfan?

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post

Indians game 1 probable, C.C. Sabathia 3.21 ERA 19-7. Both of those players right there are in contention for the AL CY Young and Francis has no talk of a CY award. And I don't really need to say much about Beckett in the post season.

Indians game 2 probable,Fausto Carmona, 3.06 ERA 19-8. Looks like the Rockies have the advantage here too.

Now I know that regular season stats have nothing to do with the post season now because we've already been shown that it doesn't but if you would choose the Rockies rotation over the Indians or the Sox rotation your an idiot.

The Rockies offense can not even step to either of these teams offense. Top to bottom the Indians and Sox line up out does theirs in a heart beat. Do you honestly think the Rockies can beat either of these teams?

Just quoting this for later reference. I really like the underdog role and the Rockies would be the dog if they make it to the series.

Good facts......

But I think the Rockies still win the WS

And lol at the corockiesfan comment

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Just quoting this for later reference. I really like the underdog role and the Rockies would be the dog if they make it to the series.
    Ok man you do that but I won't be suprised if they make it to the WS. If they do though they will lose.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Ok man you do that but I won't be suprised if they make it to the WS. If they do though they will lose.
    All Eastern biased people say that. You point out individual starting pitcher's ERA's and stats which is good and all. But what about the fact that the Rockies have had the best ERA in the NL since June?? Everyone talks about the Rockies offense (deservingly so) but their pitching is what has made the difference this year. This isn't the first year that the Rockie's have had a good offense. And how exactly is the Indians and Sox's offense better than the Rockies?? I'd love to see the stats (you may also want to throw in there that the Rockies played in the best pitching division in baseball). Again, I'm not necessarily saying the Rockies are a clear cut favorite or that they'll even win (they have to get cold sometime) but to count them out is about as stupid as... well... as stupid as reefer counting Tulo out of ROY.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: I admit...

I just thought I'd point out that the Rockies played Boston in June and won 2 of 3 in Fenway while outscoring them 20-5.

It's cool though. If we hold on to beat the Dbacks in this series, we'll just be the underdogs, again, as we have all year. No biggie.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    I just thought I'd point out that the Rockies played Boston in June and won 2 of 3 in Fenway while outscoring them 20-5.
    The Yankees were also 6-0 against the Indians during the regular season and they got killed in the playoffs. So like I said in my post above, regular season stats don't count any more.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

The Yankees were also 6-0 against the Indians during the regular season and they got killed in the playoffs. So like I said in my post above, regular season stats don't count any more.
    Than how the **** is there no chance the Rockies could win? Because of the regular season stats that the pitchers have had?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast