Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I admit...

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: I admit...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    sooo cold

Yeah, but you didn't even notice until after the game, huh?

Where were you sitting?

It was great to see everyone stay for the whole game and to be loud through it all.

You see, Brandon Marshall? If you play well, the fans will be there for you rain or shine. You play like bumbling ****s and get your worst home loss since the 1960s, we will leave early.

Re: I admit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    Yeah, but you didn't even notice until after the game, huh?

Where were you sitting?

It was great to see everyone stay for the whole game and to be loud through it all.

You see, Brandon Marshall? If you play well, the fans will be there for you rain or shine. You play like bumbling ****s and get your worst home loss since the 1960s, we will leave early.

Up in section 312. Not great, but I could've cared less where I was sitting. I was still ****ing frozen 3 hours after the game, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Easily my most baseball game I've been to.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Okay sorry I should have put this....I think the Red Sox are going to go to the WS and the Sox will beat the Rockies...better?
    well they'd better be able to beat the likes of Jake Westbrook first...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Okay sorry I should have put this....I think the Red Sox are going to go to the WS and the Sox will beat the Rockies...better?
    Can the Red Sux even beat the Tribe??

MLB ERA

Obviously not, wow I look like such a dip shit right now.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The good news for them at least is that Thursday they send Beckett to the mound. And they get to face crappy postseason pitcher C.C. "I'm the only person in baseball who is fatter than David Ortiz" Sabathia.

MLB ERA

I hate to say it but, I told you so.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Because look at the head to head match ups. Boston's pitching blows them away. They have two players in that rotation that could possibly go to the HOF one day. Beckett and Schilling are flat out amazing in the post season. Boston's offense is also better then the Rockies 1-9. The Rockies will cool down, they are not going to stay this hot for the rest of the year. If the Rockies meet up with the Sox they are done for. The Sox pitching and offense is better hands down.
    You have really just stated opinion. Rule in that Colorado pitchers pitch at Coors for 81 games and if you'd actually watch a Rockie's game and their starting pitching you'd see that a series wouldn't be as clear cut as "Oh Boston will whomp em." But to each his own, this will make for some great sig material.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Jeff Francis's 2007 post season record: 2-0, 2.13 ERA

Ubaldo Jimenez's 2007 post season record: 0-0 1.59 ERA

Seems at least them two are stepping up when it counts.

Morales didn't fare too well in his one post season start, however (3 ERs in 3 IP) and Fogg came out of the pen in the NLDS with 2 scoreless innings.

This shows how little you know about the NL.

The Rockies offense is the reason they're even in the playoffs today.
    I'm not denying that the Red Sox have a better offense than the Rockies.

But you said both teams' offenses were better top to bottom.

If I had to choose between the Indians offense and Colorado's I'm taking Colorado's 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

I also don't think the disparity between Boston's and Colorado's is as huge as you think, but Boston's is better none-the-less.
    One thing I have always believed in and that I've always preached to the kids that I've been lucky to coach during summer ball (12-15 year olds nothing major but nonetheless the point still stands) if you can field the ball, catch it and throw it, you are going to stay in games. Especially considering how adequate the Rockie's offense is, they are going to be able to stay in many games simply because they don't give you 5 outs in an inning. The team's adjustments to pitchers and their game plans have impressed me. However, I agree they have to cool sometime. But, what is "cooling" down for this team. Is it losing 2 of 3 at Coors and then winning one at the Dbags homeplace? I'm not really sure with the amount of cohesiveness this team is showing. All I know is that they just show a knack for winning games. I can't say I've ever been this excited about Major League Baseball. Anyway, I'm off to Coors.
    This is more than just a 20 game hot streak. The Rockies have had one of the best records in baseball (if not THE best) since the All Star break. The best ERA since the break. Best fielding %, EVER.

I'm glad I hear things like Kornheiser on PTI saying "Phillies will come back because I don't know anyone on the other team". Glad that people think Boston and/or Cleveland will easily wipe out the NL team that advances. The Rockies have been playing the underdog all year, I think they like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    The Rockies will win the World Series. They are just steamrolling teams left and right. They are the best team in the Bigs.
    Your kidding right? There is no way in hell they could beat Boston or Cleveland.
    It's JMO.
    That right there is my pet peeve when people say that. Of course I know its your opinion I don't need to know that. This is a message board where people post their opinon and back up their opinion and thats what I want you to do right now. So please explain to me how the Rockies could possibly beat the Indians or the Sox?
    Rockies won 18 of 19. They are on FIRE.......... Do i need to explain. Not even the layoff slowed them down, and beat one of the best pitchers in the MLB, in Brandon Webb. Let's see what you think. Or do you hate the Rockies because of mntwinsfan....
    What I think? Okay, lets look at the pitching match ups for one/

Rockies game 1 probable, Jeff Francis 4.22 ERA 17-9.
    Red sox game 1 probable, Josh Beckett, 3.27 ERA 20-7.
    Indians game 1 probable, C.C. Sabathia 3.21 ERA 19-7. Both of those players right there are in contention for the AL CY Young and Francis has no talk of a CY award. And I don't really need to say much about Beckett in the post season.

Rockies game 2 probable,Ubaldo Jimenez, 4.28 ERA 4-4.
    Red sox game 2 probable,Curt Schilling, 3.87 ERA 9-8.
    Indians game 2 probable,Fausto Carmona, 3.06 ERA 19-8. Looks like the Rockies have the advantage here too.

Rockies game 3 probable,Josh Fogg, 4.94 ERA 10-9.
    Red sox game 3 starter, Daisuke Matsuzaka, 4.40 ERA 15-12.
    Indians game 3 starter,Jake Westbrook, 4.32 ERA 6-9.

Rockies game 4 probable,Franklin Morales, 3.43 ERA 3-2.
    Red sox game 4 probable,Tim Wakefield, 4.76 ERA 17-12.
    Indians game 4 probable,Paul Byrd, 4.59 ERA 15-8.

Now I know that regular season stats have nothing to do with the post season now because we've already been shown that it doesn't but if you would choose the Rockies rotation over the Indians or the Sox rotation your an idiot.

The Rockies offense can not even step to either of these teams offense. Top to bottom the Indians and Sox line up out does theirs in a heart beat. Do you honestly think the Rockies can beat either of these teams?

Don't you mean corockiesfan?
    Just quoting this for later reference. I really like the underdog role and the Rockies would be the dog if they make it to the series.
    Good facts......

But I think the Rockies still win the WS

And lol at the corockiesfan comment
    Ok man you do that but I won't be suprised if they make it to the WS. If they do though they will lose.
    All Eastern biased people say that. You point out individual starting pitcher's ERA's and stats which is good and all. But what about the fact that the Rockies have had the best ERA in the NL since June?? Everyone talks about the Rockies offense (deservingly so) but their pitching is what has made the difference this year. This isn't the first year that the Rockie's have had a good offense. And how exactly is the Indians and Sox's offense better than the Rockies?? I'd love to see the stats (you may also want to throw in there that the Rockies played in the best pitching division in baseball). Again, I'm not necessarily saying the Rockies are a clear cut favorite or that they'll even win (they have to get cold sometime) but to count them out is about as stupid as... well... as stupid as reefer counting Tulo out of ROY.
    I just thought I'd point out that the Rockies played Boston in June and won 2 of 3 in Fenway while outscoring them 20-5.

It's cool though. If we hold on to beat the Dbacks in this series, we'll just be the underdogs, again, as we have all year. No biggie.
    The Yankees were also 6-0 against the Indians during the regular season and they got killed in the playoffs. So like I said in my post above, regular season stats don't count any more.
    Than how the **** is there no chance the Rockies could win? Because of the regular season stats that the pitchers have had?
    How can I be east coast bias when I live in Idaho? I'm just stating facts...
    Yes Francis has done very well this post season there is no argument over that. I could very well eat my words by the time this season is over and if that happens I will take my sad loss like a man.

I'm not saying that their offense isn't good but I'm saying that the Rockies offense isn't as good as the Sox. From top to bottom the Sox is better. I mean be honest with me would you really choose the Rockies offense over the Sox offense? Listen the Rockies do have a solid squad I'm not takin anything away from this club. Their offense produces runs, their pitchers get outs. But if I had to choose a club to play with in the post season I would choose the Sox for this simple fact that they have Josh Beckett. He is a lock for a win. The Sox also have more experience then the Rockies do. The Rockies are a good team, there is no doubt about that. But like I said if I had to choose one team to play with it would be the Sox.
    Okay okay so once I realized what I said I realized I was a dip shit. I was kind of caught up in the moment of bashing the Rockies that I didn't take time to realize what I said. The Rockies O is better then the Indians but not the Sox. Listen I'm rooting for the Rockies I really am its just I don't see how they can pull it off. This team has to cool down some time and it might be soon but who knows. I would absolutly love it if they beat Boston in the WS but I don't really think that the Rockies can match up with the Sox. But we've said that everytime about the Rockies so I wouldn't be suprised to see them pull off the up set.
    Fogg fared pretty well today.
    Yes he did and it looks like the Rockies are going to advance but I still don't see them beating the Sox...
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    who says it's going to be the Sox?
    I hate to say it but, I told you so...

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

That goes right to the top of my jackassery list.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: I admit...

I hate to say it but, I told you so...

What, do you want a cookie?

???

MLB ERA

No I was just kidding guys, don't take me so serious...I hated seeing the Sox win so its not like I was happy that the Rockies lost I was just sayin...

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

I was just sayin...
    No shit? You were just saying?

You said there was NO chance the Rockies could've won. Even though the Rockies got swept and played like shit, I think they showed everyone that they could've had a chance.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

We would've had a great chance in games 3 and 4 if Brian (hope crusher) Fuentes wouldn't have come in and tacked more runs on after some good rallies. Damn him, all that momentum just went *poof*

Plus, the 2-1 game at Fenway. The only game that was really a blowout was game one. Coincidentally after the 8 day break.

I've been playing a lot of "what if". What if they kept Herges in game 3? What if the Indians win one of those last 3 games?

Sigh.

We would've had a great chance in games 3 and 4 if Brian (hope crusher) Fuentes wouldn't have come in and tacked more runs on after some good rallies. Damn him, all that momentum just went *poof*

Plus, the 2-1 game at Fenway. The only game that was really a blowout was game one. Coincidentally after the 8 day break.

I've been playing a lot of "what if". What if they kept Herges in game 3? What if the Indians win one of those last 3 games?

Sigh.
    I don't think all the blame is on Fuentes. Hurdle should've brought in Corpas instead of Fuentes to not give them that chance in the first place. Oh well, Boston was the better team. BUT the Rockies still definitely had a chance in the series.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123