View Poll Results: Will the Layoff affect the Rockies negatively?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 75.00%
  • No.

1 25.00%

Thread: Layoff Affecting Rox?

Rockies Layoff Affecting Rox?

I don't think it will.

MLB ERA

Re: Layoff Affecting Rox?

This is tough one I wana say yes becasue they have not had practice and they can not practice because of the snow, but I wana say no because they are really on a roll.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak View Post
    This is tough one I wana say yes becasue they have not had practice and they can not practice because of the snow, but I wana say no because they are really on a roll.

Well, the snow only affected them on Sunday. It's gone now.

I hope the lay off doesn't hurt them. I keep telling myself that getting over a week to rest can do nothing but good, but when you're on a roll you don't want to stop.

I just don't know.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Red Sox have the momentum going as you could tell they had they were coming out the gates in game 7 versus the Tribe in full force. The Rockies have been waiting, anticipating and hopefully it won't affect them (as we all want a good series regardless of who you want to win) but it's going to be hard not to.

Although, they have been on such a tear for so long now and haven't slowed down... so maybe they won't lose it.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yes, you don't have many days off when you win 21 out of 22...the 8 days off will affect them, whether or not they believe it.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

We can all say what we want but no one has seen this before except maybe for the Quake series in '89. I don't really know what to think but maybe this team is just too young to give a shit about all the media talk about it taking so long. These guys are young and full of energy. I think they are too young and focused to care about 8 days off and Beckett throwing Game 1. They have beat these guys before and c an do it again but its going to be tougher than Philly and AZ.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It wasn't that long ago that Beckett was too young and focused to care about all the hitters that the Yankees threw at him.