Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Chances

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Playoff Chances

Tonight's game against the Dodgers is a great one to watch. Back and forth they go and the Rockies currently lead 6-5 but could change right now as I type this. You can just feel the playoff atmosphere. The Rockies are 1 game behind the Phillies and Padres right now. The Phillies lost and Padres are losing right now.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Playoff Chances

What an incredible story...nobody would have been surprised if the Rockies had simply folded and fell out of contention when the Wild Card looked hopelessly lost. However, they have persevered to within a win of tying it up at the top with a team that nobody expected to be in contention. I would say Matt Holliday has to be the voters' favorite for MVP at this point as the team seems to be peaking at the right time. This is the best baseball Colorado has seen in ages, and this team is no fluke.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I would have to agree with Holliday. He is in there tonight with a hurt oblique and is 2-4. He is a beast!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I love how people are belittling him for hitting "only" .298 on the road. (with an .854 OPS and 11 HRs) I would have to put him atop my ballot at this point.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah people try and knock Helton but Helton hits .300 on the road for his career. Most hitters fair better at home.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rockies get some insurance on a Helton RBI single. 7-5 in the 8th.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It's now 7-6 with no outs in the B8.

Too bad your giants didn't help today

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah we blew it! If it weren't for the Giants handed over wins all year to the Pads, you guys might have the lead.

I still say the Rockie's chances are slim to none. The Pads are playing the f-n' giants and we have to play LA and finish the dbacks. Chances just aren't in our favor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants can still do some damage and the Padres have the play the Brewers who are also fighting for playoff glory.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Giants can still do some damage and the Padres have the play the Brewers who are also fighting for playoff glory.

By damage do you mean tease my **** only to blow a 2 run lead ?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Damn it, why can't Roberto Hernandez ****in retire and disappear off the face of the earth already.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Damn it, why can't Roberto Hernandez ****in retire and disappear off the face of the earth already.
    I was about to fly out to LA and break the bubble gum chewing tanned creation that is supposed to be passed off as a man because he left Fuentes in. I can't believe it worked out. ****ing fluke.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Colorado is not done yet. They are one of the better teams since the all star break. Giles hits a 3 run homer in the 9th and that was the downfall. I will say this Colorado will make the playoffs. Living in Colorado they finally have something else to talk about besides the Bromcos and Avs. Colorado is a young team and just think how good there going to be in the next seven or so seasons. If I was in need of a closer I would go after Nathan of the Twins, we wont resign him. Nechek is our closer of the future. I dont know what Colorado would give up but they have pieces that we need.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast