Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rookie Record

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

New Rookie Record

Troy Tulowitzki contributed his 20th homer and his 26th double Monday in the loss to the Phillies.
    The 20th homer set an NL record for rookie shortstops. Ernie Banks had 19 in 1954. Nomar Garciaparra holds the major league record for shortstops with 30 homers in his first full year in 1997.
    In another year he might have won the ROY but it clearly goes to Braun. The Rockies have a future star and a legitimate SS for the first time ever. Sorry Walt Weiss and Neifi Perez.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: New Rookie Record

I love it. You made fun of Walt Weiss and Neffi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    In another year he might have won the ROY but it clearly goes to Braun. The Rockies have a future star and a legitimate SS for the first time ever. Sorry Walt Weiss and Neifi Perez.
    Clearly goes to Braun? If you are a moronic baseball fan, sure. Too bad that the ROY will only weigh heavily on offensive numbers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes, it clearly goes to Braun and I guess everyone is a moron other than you. Please explain how he is not head and shoulders above the rest. I can go all day explaining that he is if you want.

Yes, it clearly goes to Braun and I guess everyone is a moron other than you. Please explain how he is not head and shoulders above the rest. I can go all day explaining that he is if you want.

Just go look at the defensive numbers. It's really as simple as that. I didn't say that Ryan Braun isn't ROY. I said it isn't CLEAR he is. Simply because the guy is a butcher at third where as Tulo very well could win a golden glove as a rookie. To not factor in defensive stats in ROY is stupid to say the least. But alas, that's what I get for talking to a Barry Bonds nut-hugger.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Who omitted defensive stats? It wasn't me! Braun's offensive numbers far and way make up for his short comings at third and I know he is a butcher at third. Tulo is no GG, not yet. Everyone and their mother knows who the ROY is and it's not even close so again I guess everyone including expertsare morons in your eyes. I also picked Tulo to be ROY before the start of the season so you obviously don't know me to well so don't try and act like you do!!

Who omitted defensive stats? It wasn't me! Braun's offensive numbers far and way make up for his short comings at third and I know he is a butcher at third. Tulo is no GG, not yet. Everyone and their mother knows who the ROY is and it's not even close so again I guess everyone including expertsare morons in your eyes. I also picked Tulo to be ROY before the start of the season so you obviously don't know me to well so don't try and act like you do!!

Are you ****ing kidding me? Ryan Braun has a fielding percentage under .900 that alone makes it close. Factor in that Tulo plays SS opposed to 3rd and Tulo also very well could get a gg this year and I think the race would be a lot closer if everyone didn't pay attention strictly to offensive numbers.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry but 30 HRs, 82 RBI, 76 R, .328 BA, .373 OBP, .641 SLG, 22 2Bs, 14 SBs all in just 390 ABs and 97 games makes up for any defensive short comings he has at third. He's projected to have 35 HRs and a .328 BA with 96 RBI in only 114 games. You just can't argue with that.

Projections mean shit in the long run. I get part of some of that talk about Ryan Braun playing less games than Tulo WHICH has some merit. But Tulo had a horrible start to this year. In fact, I guess the numbers are pretty close between Braun and Tulo when Braun joined the bigs. Now with that said, I don't expect Tulo to win ROY. Baseball is just too offense happy nowadays. I was just stating that saying Ryan Braun is the CLEAR ROY makes one look like a mainstream baseball fan who cares about nothing but dingers and slugging percentage, and from what I've seen you've done nothing really to prove otherwise (This isn't intended as a flame if it is took that way I just don't see how offensive numbers can completely make up for a sub .900 fielding percentage).

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Bowzer , I agree with your point to a certain extent, but Braun is a SS by nature. They are still grooming him to play 3rd. And if the dumb*** Brewers (my favorite team) would have kept him in the big leagues from day one, he probably would have numbers comparible or dare I even say better than Fielder's.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Projections mean shit in the long run. I get part of some of that talk about Ryan Braun playing less games than Tulo WHICH has some merit. But Tulo had a horrible start to this year. In fact, I guess the numbers are pretty close between Braun and Tulo when Braun joined the bigs. Now with that said, I don't expect Tulo to win ROY. Baseball is just too offense happy nowadays. I was just stating that saying Ryan Braun is the CLEAR ROY makes one look like a mainstream baseball fan who cares about nothing but dingers and slugging percentage, and from what I've seen you've done nothing really to prove otherwise (This isn't intended as a flame if it is took that way I just don't see how offensive numbers can completely make up for a sub .900 fielding percentage).
    You know, you're right. Projections do mean shit and you know why? Because he has already outhit Tulo with 140 less ABs. I've done nothing to prove otherwise? His offense is what is helping them win games. His defense isn't costing them as many runs as he's producing. He does things that Tulo doesn't do well like run the bases. Everyone knows he's going to win ROY which makes him the clear cut favorite. That's not debatable. To call all sports writers guys who just look at offensive numbers is wrong but you can't ignore his amazing production in such a short time. Again, in any other year he would probably win it but it's not this year and don't ever call me a mainstream fan. You don't know anything about me and if you read a majority of my posts you would know otherwise!

You know, you're right. Projections do mean shit and you know why? Because he has already outhit Tulo with 140 less ABs.
    Have I said anywhere that Braun isn't a better hitter than Tulo?
    Braun:
    AVG .328 | HR 30 | RBI 82 | OBP .373 | SLG .641
    Tulo:
    AVG .296 | HR 21 | RBI 84 | OBP .365 | SLG .478
    Braun's numbers are better. I haven't argued that. However, I've been arguing that Tulo's glove makes up for where he lacks offensively.

I've done nothing to prove otherwise? His offense is what is helping them win games. His defense isn't costing them as many runs as he's producing.
    That's pretty obvious as he still is playing. If his glove hurt his team THAT much he wouldn't be playing. Or he'd be over in the AL already. We aren't talking about if he is a positive or negative for the Brewers, what we were arguing is if his glove or lack thereof should rule in on his chance at ROY. You are completely devoid of any attention to his defense besides saying "his offense makes up for it" or something of the manner.

He does things that Tulo doesn't do well like run the bases.
    How do you get that? Simply because he has a better stolen base to caught stolen ratio or flat out more stolen bases? Running bases isn't just that.

Everyone knows he's going to win ROY which makes him the clear cut favorite. That's not debatable.
    That is your problem.

To call all sports writers guys who just look at offensive numbers is wrong
    Why? Since, when is being one-dimensional a good thing?

but you can't ignore his amazing production in such a short time.
    I'm not arguing it. Try some reading comprehension for once. I said Braun isn't the CLEAR ROY. Nothing less, nothing more.

Again, in any other year he would probably win it but it's not this year
    I agree with you. As I said before I expect Braun to win the ROY. However, that doesn't mean I think he fully deserves it. I think the two seasons they've had are a lot more comparable than you have made it seem.

and don't ever call me a mainstream fan. You don't know anything about me and if you read a majority of my posts you would know otherwise!
    And I'll do what I want especially until you prove otherwise.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This is the last thing I am saying on this topic. Braun runs the bases better due to the fact that I have seen these two play and it's clear Braun is better. He gets that extra base and yes steals bases and a much better rate than Tulo. You missed my whole point of the sports writers comment which isn't a shock since you missed the whole point of this my comments earlier. If everyone knows who will win the ROY, how is it not a clear cut favorite??? As for not proving otherwise, I picked Tulo to be the ROY before the start of the season and would love nothing more than to be right. Also I just picked Eric Byrnes for NL MVP. Man I must be obsessed with the big power numbers now Oh yeah, I had Willie Taveras as ROY over Ryan Howard too. You don't know me so quit acting like it.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Bowser..........you make an excellent case.........and you're right..........you realize that Braun is going to win the ROY.......but it's a closer race than some who refuse to comprehend what you're typing think.......

Good luck arguing with someone who just to hear himself type
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bowser got my point. It's not going to be close as everyone knows who is the winner. I find it hilarious that you come after me for antagonizing when you do the same ******* thing!! I also find it funny that you are the one I am alsways arguing with. Looks like you have the "someone who just to hear himself type" problem as well! I ****ing love it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast