Thread: Rockies to place Lopez on DL with torn flexor tendon

Rockies to place Lopez on DL with torn flexor tendon

ESPN - Rockies starter Lopez has torn flexor tendon - MLB

MIAMI -- Colorado Rockies right-hander Rodrigo Lopez's elbow injury has been diagnosed as a torn flexor tendon, and he'll be placed on the disabled list for the second time this season.
    Lopez left a game Thursday against Los Angeles with forearm tightness after pitching 6 2/3 innings. An MRI exam Monday led to the diagnosis.
    Rookie right-hander Jason Hirsh, on the disabled list since July 3 with a sprained right ankle, will take Lopez's place in the rotation and start Thursday at Florida. Hirsh is 4-7 with a 4.90 ERA.
    Lopez was sidelined six weeks in April and May with a strained right elbow. He's 5-4 this year with a 4.42 ERA.

If only he could've stayed healthy.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rockies to place Lopez on DL with torn flexor tendon

Hirsh pitched ok in his last game. It wasn't a quality start, but good enough to keep his team in the game.

Hirsh hasn't pitched that bad this year according to his stats. He just has the tendency to give up the long ball and has trouble with command (which is expected from a rookie). But watching Josh Fogg scares the shit out of me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I wouldn't touch Josh Fogg with a 10 foot pole if the Rockies released him today. Hard to believe Mike Hampton and Denny Neagle had worse stats than Fogg.

I don't want to remember those days.

JOSE REYES IS KING
    Rookie ERA

I think Hirsh has a ton of potential and a humongus upside he was a pretty highly ranked prospect I think he will realy make the most of the oppurtunity
    http://www.getafreeappleiphone.com/i...ers/1167_4.gifpaid for my Jose Reyes jersey Yes it works you can try it too.Free money for quick easy surveys.For Pictures of my checks and tips check out my blog http://paid4mycamera.blogspot.com/

I agree with Hirsh. He has has some growing pains. BUT, he has shown flashes of what I've expected from him. I really like him headed into next year. And I really like a rotation of Francis Lopez Cook Jimenez and Hirsh if they all return and are healthy.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was a bit curious that they traded Jason Jennings, who bounced back to being the solid Coors Field pitcher that he was in his first two years. But not anymore after he allowed 11 runs in less than an inning vs. the Padres over a week ago.