Thread: Rockies Sign Hawkins

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rockies Sign Hawkins

The Rockies are expected to announce the signing of LaTroy Hawkins to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
    One of the most reasonable contracts of the offseason so far. Hawkins was a better candidate for a multiyear deal than guys like Chad Bradford and Mike Stanton. The Rockies will use him as a setup man for Brian Fuentes.
    I am glad its just for one year and its not a lot of money.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

me 2, and the Rockies can only hope he can return to what he once was. Then maybe they can use him for trade bait at the deadline.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I am glad its just for one year and its not a lot of money.
    Uh, why? Hawkins pitching at Coors Field would be hilarious, like Jose Mesa pitching there is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Chase Field has become worse than Coors field. I actually somewhat root for the Rockies to do better.

MLB ERA
    LaTroy Hawkins was once a very good relief pitcher, then something got into his head and he has had trouble throwing strikes since. He needs a good pitching coach/psychologist to work with him. He needs to have no pressure on his performances, at least not right away. Colorado could be a good place for him to get his feet back under him, in a figurative sense.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    LaTroy Hawkins was once a very good relief pitcher, then something got into his head and he has had trouble throwing strikes since.
    Its called classless Cubs fan who booed him every time he set foot in the bullpen.